heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: It's a Faithy Business (Updated-Part 2!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Readers!

I?ve been planning on writing my own little Ragnarok story (this is not a role-play) and due to demand I decided to post the first part. I will try my best to update this weekly, this is my own original story and characters but I do not own anything to do with Ragnarok Online the game, the animated series or the mentioned classes, races, cities and ECT? and all similarities are strictly coincidence since I have never watched the animated series. All of the before mentioned stuff belong to the owners, which is not me. Now that we have that out of the way? Yay fanfiction!

Enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The past few months had been dark and dreary as clouds covered the sun from the citizens of Prontera. Many felt that winter had drawn on too long. Though now, with the first day of summer approaching, the bright summer rays ripped through the clouds and shone their brilliance upon the city. Prontera bustled once again with merchants and peddlers from other lands. Gypsies and Dancers alike paraded and pranced happily through the streets as parents and children watched their elegant movements.

A young girl in her mid teens had left from Izlude earlier in the day. She finally set eyes on the large city walls surrounding Prontera. With an empty coin purse in hand and a pack filled with trinkets and gems, she was prepared to make the long awaited coin from her dreams. Her attire was her self-proclaimed lucky sales outfit, a close fitted cotton summer dress that she had made with patterns of green lace sewn into the fabric. With each step she took the pony tail she had drawn over her left ear with a green-ribbon tossed back and forth.

As she approached the gates she noticed a small guard shack. It hadn?t been there the year before. It was probably made during the harsh winter she thought. Many strange beasts in search of warmth and food had wondered into the once peaceful field, a field that your worst nightmare used to be small harmless gelatinous creatures and bugs.

?Halt!? A man called from the guard shack. He stepped out and approached her. ?What?s your business here?? He asked of her.

She examined him and smiled cunningly. ?I?ve come to sell my wares, I worked hard and saved them throughout the entire winter and now I?m ready to make a killing!? She said knowingly.

?You kids these days, always lookin? for a little extra coin.? The guard mused. He circled around her and examined her carefully. ?Well, I don?t think you?re a spy? though this empty sheath is suspicious.? He gestured to the sheath attached to her belt; it rested flat against her lower back.

?Oh? you see,? She paused and stared down at the ground. ?It was my father?s, his blade was never recovered.? She sniffled. ?All they found was his sheath and a trail of blood? I was hoping to find a blade that will fit in it, so that one day when I?m stronger I can go on my own adventure and avenge him.?

?I?m sorry?? The guard suddenly seemed guilt ridden. ?Are you sure it?s a good idea?? he asked in a concerned tone.

?Don?t underestimate me!? She winked. ?Remember this name, Claire De Lune. One day, and maybe soon, you will hear my brilliant adventures over a pint at the local pub!?

?With that enthusiasm I don?t think anything could stop you.? He gestured to the door. ?You can go on ahead in doll, and if you ever need anything just ask for Guardsman Sid.? The guard whistled and a smaller door next to the large gate opened. Another guard poked his head out and smiled once he saw Claire.

?I?ll be hearing of ya? soon, Claire!? Sid exclaimed.

Claire nodded her head. She rushed over to the door and suddenly collapsed, she fell face first into the dirt with a loud thump. ?Not a good start?? She whined. Claire got to her knees and brushed the dirt from her clothes. Sid rushed to her side and helped her up.

?Are you alright there, Love?? Sid asked.

?I?m fine?? Claire replied. ?My ego?s bruised though!? She mused. Suddenly she stumbled backwards and collapsed into Sid?s arms. He caught her and held her up.

?Are you sure you?re alright, Lass?? The second guard asked as he stepped outside.

Claire nodded her head and rushed to the door once again, this time without falling and passing both guards without another word.

?I hope that girl will be alright?? Sid announced.

The other guard smirked and gestured to a leather strap on the ground. ?Oh, the little Lass will be fine??

?What the?? Sid suddenly began to pat down his belt and noticed his coin purse had gone missing. He rushed into the city and Claire was nowhere to be found.

?I?ll remember her name alright,? The second guard mused.

As the guards returned to their post Claire stepped out from behind a building with a large smirk, ?Even the guards are easy!? She mused as she tossed Sid?s coin purse into the air and caught it once again swiftly.
Claire turned back towards the city with her famous cunning smile. She opened the coin purse and began to count out her newly acquired fortune. ?Ten thousand??? She mused. ?That guard must have been paid well?? She closed up the coin purse and placed it in her pack with the rest of the stolen merchandise.

?Move it, Lady!? A child bellowed from behind her. Claire stopped in place and turned towards the voice. She watched in horror as a young boy launched out from the alleyway and ran face first into her. She cried out as she was knocked from her feet and thrown to the ground. The boy?s momentum caused him to fall forward, and with his balance lost he toppled on top of her.

?Watch where you?re going, kid?? Claire scolded in a drawn out whine. He nodded his head and pulled himself off of her and rolled onto the ground next to her.

?Are you hurt?? He asked in a concerned tone. He glanced over at her to make sure she wasn?t harmed and started to blush profusely.

?Knowing my luck,? she groaned while holding her forehead.

?Whoa.?

?What?!? Claire barked.

?You?re kinda cute?? He blurted. Claire groaned in annoyance and sat up. She placed her free hand onto her lower back and stretched, then stood and glared down at the boy.

?I don?t have time for this,? Claire barked. She brushed away the dirt and dust from her dress then started to walk towards the town centre.

?Wa-wait!? He yelled after her. ?I?m Willy?er, William!? The boy called out.

?That?s nice?? Claire replied. After she made some distance between them she raised her arm and waved sarcastically.??William kicked out his foot and mumbled incoherently. He then noticed in the corner of his eye a coin purse sitting on the ground where Claire had fallen.

?What?s this?? He bent down and picked up the small coin purse, with a large grin he opened it to find the sum of money she had stolen from Sid. ?Jackpot?!? He quickly hid the coin purse in his pocket and darted off in opposite direction as Claire. ?When she realizes she lost this she?ll come looking for me, and when she does, she?ll be begging to be my girlfriend! It?s fool proof!?

?Damn kids?? Claire rubbed her spine as she continued into the town centre. ?I guess I?ll head to the tavern and try to fill my purse, Harry better be there?? she paused and quickly ripped her pack from her shoulders and examined its contents. She found her empty coin purse, the trinkets and other merchandise she had saved throughout the winter, but not Sid?s coin purse. She sighed deeply and turned back towards where she and William had collided, he was nowhere in sight. ?That little bugger? She grumbled. ?Reminds me of me when I was his age, amateur.? Claire shrugged her shoulders and continued forward.

?Daddy!? A little girl exclaimed with in a sing song tone. Claire saw the young girl with a purple ribbon in her brown hair rushing up to a large man. With a leap in her step she launched herself into his open arms. Claire couldn?t help but smile a little as her eyes lit up; it reminded her of the past.??

?Get a grip on it,? Claire cringed. Her eyes returned to their cold state. ?The past only gets you killed.? She continued to the shady tavern beyond the Prontera fountain. She opened the old wooden door and stepped inside. The air was filled with laughter and high spirits, alcohol was being passed around like water to the thirsty.

?Claire!? An elderly man exclaimed loudly. He held his mug up high in the air and shook it side to side to gain her attention. ?Come, sit with an old man!?
?Of course!? She exclaimed in a gleeful, sickly sweet tone much unlike her natural voice. ?You old pervert?? she muttered under her breath. She walked over to the table and sat next to him. She removed her pack and placed it onto the table.

?It?s been awhile, you?ve grown. I?d say you?re almost my type,? the old man mused.

?Will I ever be blessed on that day, Harry,? she sarcastically replied. Claire opened the pack and started to place individual items onto the table in front of him. ?Do you see anything you like?? Claire asked already knowing his answer.

?Do I ever,? he examined her up and down and smiled.

?I meant out of my merchandise,? she answered with a forced giggle.

?I?ll take all of it...You give an old man reason to live through the winter, the usual price?? He asked without even examining the trinkets and gems.

?Indeed, eighty-thousand zeny,? she requested. Harry smiled and produced the eight coins which each represented ten thousand each. He placed them on the table and gathered the materials he had just been sold. Claire leaned in to kiss his cheek, as he always requested after a trade.

?You?re closer to my type than I thought,? Harry replied as his eyes traveled to Claire?s chest. Claire swallowed her pride and smiled.

?It?s been a pleasure doing business with you.? Claire gathered her coin and empty pack then walked over to the door. ?The nerve of that man,? she grumbled. As she reached for the door a large hand grabbed her upper arm and turned her around.

?I?ll be, I thought you?d gone and died along with the money you owed me.?

?Duke!? Claire squealed. She examined the large man standing before her. His head almost reached the roof and he was dressed in steel armour from head to toe. ?I heard you moved to Morroc!?

?And I er? that you were dead, wer? even? Duke pushed her against the wall and held her there. The entire room for a moment stopped what they were doing and watched. ?Where?s my Zen?s??

?He-here!? Claire?s hands shivered as she produced two ten thousand zeny coins. ?Take it!?

?Dat?s not enough!? Duke bellowed. ?You owe me one hundred thousand? call et a return from da? dead fee!?

?I don?t have that kind of Zeny!? She frantically replied. Duke drew back his fist and pushed her into the wall harder with the hard gripped around her arm.

?You just made a sale, gimmie da Zeny!?

?Okay!? Claire handed him the rest of the coins. Duke took several seconds to count the coins. He paused and restarted twice.

?There are only eight coins here!? He barked. ?Where da rest??

?Give me till the end of the day!? Claire begged.

?Ell? alright,? Duke released her arm and counted the coin again. ?I be lookin? for ya, no funny business!?

?Of course not, I have a twerp to find.?
Its nice :D more please !!
Thanks for this.
Reference URL's