heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: How to make woe more competitive!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought of a way that could possibly make woe a little more competitive. Currently you can access any GD from any castle. This allows guilds to hunt any of the special GD items when they hold any fort. This is nice but doesn't create a need to hold specific forts except for the god item pieces.

If the GM's could change the forts to only be able to access their particular GD, it would cause guilds to want to hold specific forts like Alde for the Bowman Scarf for Prontera for the Maya Purples. The only catch would be that all the WoE2 GD's should still be accessible from all the forts since we do not currently have WoE2 on this server.

It would look something like this:
Prontera GD+WoE2 GD's accessible only from pront.
Geffen GD+WoE2 GD's accessible only from geffen.
Alde GD+WoE2 GD's accessible only from alde.
Payon GD+WoE2 GD's accessible only from payon.

I've mentioned this idea to a few people that are WoE active and they like the idea.....if anyone else approves SAY IT HERE! Lets see what we can get the GM's to do =D
I would also say do Aldebaran for every guild that takes a castle since Retro WoE isn't that loved in this server.

But for the rest i like the idea.
I already sense Circe's "We'll talk about it"
Or you know, that could actually be some incentive to actually do Ret-WoE, since we obviously love standing in a castle for an hour with 0 competition, but by all means please hand it to anyone with a castle.

I really don't think this will change much competition wise tbh...

The people who are after god items will still go after the pieces they need, I see 0 reason why anyone would covet the Payon GD or the Geffen GD tbh so unless you just want to switch the little action we have in Geffen over to Prontera I guess that works? lol

It would just be the same people, same amount of castles, same venues, same guilds. In fact, it might even make it even less competitive, since the guild who wants the MPs would go Pront. I guess there could be many guilds who want MPs(?), but I think the main focus would still be the God Pieces, for some guilds. I really can't remember what pieces come from Pront, but I always thought the main focus piece wise was Payon and Gef so those guild would still focus there I'm assuming.

I'm really lacking sleep here so gonna make this short, but I really just highly doubt that changing the dungeons would do much to change the competition whatsoever. Especially since, you know, we're supposed to hand out Alde because people don't like Ret-Woe lol
LOL, well I guess you'd kill the little bit of GvG in the dungeons too, unless people are farming WoE 2.0 castles at this time (which I doubt). =/
I think I've heard several people in game say they'd like to have a special naked woe , where everyone has to use NPC gears, no cards, no refines. It'd definitely level the playing field =p
Ptah Wrote:I already sense Circe's "We'll talk about it"

Would you prefer I just post my own opinion on it, either in agreeing or disagreeing, or, even better, if I have no opinion at all?

Because my opinion does not necessarily reflect that of the team as a whole. So, I might say "I like it" while as a team decision it's a no, or vice versa. That seems even possibly more damaging in being possibly misleading that just saying "We'll talk about it"/"We're aware of it."
I like that idea but..

Insidefreak Wrote:I would also say do Aldebaran for every guild that takes a castle since Retro WoE isn't that loved in this server.

But for the rest i like the idea.

I disagree with this. It would actually be a nice retro woe promotion if we did this to alde. It would force people to experience retro and probably become better for trans woe (Because it's much easier to practice your woeing when it isn't a major dps fest with edp/ad/asura mixes).
GM-Circe Wrote:Would you prefer I just nuke you every time I get to see you?

Yes please

/offtop
I'd miss killing people in GDs Icon_sad

Open two castles on the same map and then we can talk about this :D
Reference URL's