heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Battle Royale Event
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm currently scripting a Battle Royale Event! Suggestions/comments are welcome.

For those who have not seen the movie, here is the synopsis:

"Battle Royale - A random class of Japanese ninth grade student are - in this fictional universe where all students misbehave - randomly selected by a fascist government lottery. They become kidnapped and forced onto an isolated island, where they are equipped with food, water, a map and a random weapon. On the island, they have to compete in a violent death match game till only one single victor remain."

I got most part covered already, the event will be played with new novices, which I will warp to a npc who will give you the items (10 red potions, 10 fly wings and a random equip from a list I'm still writting). Since some of those equips are good and I don't want them circulating in game, those novices will be saved in a special location with no way of getting out (and anyone cought with those items outside the event would receive a ban anyway ^_^)

For the island, I chose the map outside of Byalan dongeon, which I will duplicate (so it will look the same but with no warp or kafra). And the island will also have a few monsters on it (still to be determined) which players can attack, but at their own risk. Of course the map will have pvp enabled on it, since the goal is to actually kill each other until only 1 remains.

The winner will be asked to PM me one of his in-game character and I will give the prize to that player (since the novice don't ever get out of the island).

The event is not finished scripting yet, but I think once it is it will be fun, maybe short however (will most likely do more than one round).
That sounds extremely inventive. I'd be glad to participate.

Will there be the use of the novice abilities like First Aid and Play Dead?
I don't know, I'll think about it Icon_smile
That event sounds coolIcon_razz
Maybe an npc job changer to first job class on the island could be cool also Icon_biggrin
thats tight O.O
Well we wont have this event until the november patch at best, because I'll need to add the new map. GM-Hermes is looking into adding maps, big thanks to him. I'll take care of the npc, it will probably give you first aid, but not play dead.

I'll consider an optional npc, that I would use for various events that would change a novice into a first job + give basic weapon. We could use that npc with the battle royale from time to time.
Hopefully my firewall will be fixed by the time this rolls out~!
change the background music of the map as wel Icon_smile give it somethig deadly and as for the movie was there also a manga? cose i saw something were people were on an island and it was a game show and friends and family had to kill each otherr till only 1 remained. some guy hade to kill his own bro it was nasty and graphic and sas and disturbing and scary and tottaly lame and odd and cool all at the same timeIcon_biggrin
Reference URL's