heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Question about rule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a question about the following rule:

Do Not Loot Steal

Do not steal the loots of other people, be it from monsters or when a player is unloading pets. Items on the ground, especially if unloaded from the pet, still counts as the player's property.

This isn't a whine about the +7 devi muffler. I am only looking for clarification of the rule. As it is written, I am assuming people can take items in the following conditions with no consequences:

1) taking items on the ground from a player doing a drop transfer to his/herself
2) taking items on the ground when Player A drops something for Player B
- people do this because they are lazy
- people do this because they are having fun
- people do this because it is actually FASTER than doing the trade manually
3) taking items on the ground accidentally dropped (as in the muffler's case)
4) buying items from a player doing a merchant vend transfer
- player sets up a merchant on some random map/location to vend his/her items
- player switches accounts
- player buys the items on the 2nd account to transfer
- much safer than drop transfer and avoids random DCs that some of us have been experiencing lately
5) taking items dropped from a player when the player starts dropping them due to being overweight at fishing/mining spots

None of these situations involve "loots" coming from a monster or being unloaded from pet. Are my assumptions correct in that no rules have been broken? Again, no drama intended. Just trying to get it cleared up to avoid any future misunderstandings.
well, from what i've seen is number 1 and 4 is really risky - imho if you log out after dropping an item and someone comes along to pick it up when he sees that no one is there (let's say the delay to log out and log back in is 5 seconds) it's entirely your fault and there is no way for the original dropper to claim that it was his (could have been just about anyone else who dropped something and logged out in that spot)

in the case of number 4 i really think it's allowed (your own fault for seriously underpricing something) - similar to how missing one 0 is the seller's own fault when setting up a vend.

as for number 2, i have done that a million times in a secluded area with my wife (kafra cleaning) and sometimes some random char wanders around and takes it - usually we ask nicely for him/her to return it and we've had no trouble so far. Nevertheless, i personally had not thought of ever reporting someone if it ever happened - 1. i might be too naive, but i assume most HeROes are good people; 2. i would probably write it off as my own fault for not finding a "secure enough" place

now number 3 is a bit iffy. If you did that in the middle of pront, people just assume you're giving away stuff - so it would be hard to prove otherwise and hijinks will ensue. In the case of some secluded place, imho you can probably prove that someone just strolling by to take it is (at the very least) impolite. In the case of WOE, imho i would probably quote John Lyly...

as for number 5, again this would probably be similar to number 3 in the case of pront - i have also dropped stuff because i was opening gift boxes and kafra at the same time and some jackass just took some and left off -and i wrote that off as my own fault for spamming like a noob and not keeping an eye on the weight limit. Coz hey, if i'm just spamming (fishing/mining/gb-opening) it mindlessly, how am i better than a bot?

TL;DR: i do not condone such acts but imho it's your own fault for being careless and/or not bright enough to ask someone nicely to help you transfer (which you can SS AND report if something ever happens)

W
mahawirasd Wrote:well, from what i've seen is number 1 and 4 is really risky - imho if you log out after dropping an item and someone comes along to pick it up when he sees that no one is there (let's say the delay to log out and log back in is 5 seconds) it's entirely your fault and there is no way for the original dropper to claim that it was his

then what if everyone in town seems to be afk (in reality, 2 people are there doing a private chat on something important to them and don't want to be bothered) and Player A does a drop transfer???the 2 people see Player B come take the item and then inform Player A.??did Player B break a rule???taking it a step further, Player B even admits to taking the item.??was a rule broken then?

as for #4, i agree that it is the seller's fault.??i just realized that vend items aren't technically on the ground Laugh

maharisiwad Wrote:as for number 2, i have done that a million times in a secluded area with my wife (kafra cleaning) and sometimes some random char wanders around and takes it - usually we ask nicely for him/her to return it and we've had no trouble so far. Nevertheless, i personally had not thought of ever reporting someone if it ever happened - 1. i might be too naive, but i assume most HeROes are good people; 2. i would probably write it off as??my own fault for not finding a "secure enough" place

not everyone on hero is nice.??no server is really immune to having not-so-nice players.??kafra cleaning is fastest when done next to a vend npc, which isn't always in the most secluded area.??some players will choose speed over security.??u may be nice enough not to report.??not everyone is.??i'm wondering if there is grounds to report.??

maharisiwad Wrote:now number 3 is a bit iffy...In the case of some secluded place, imho you can probably prove that someone just strolling by to take it is (at the very least) impolite.

does impolite = rule breaking???i've almost been a victim of #3 myself.??when i was still new to ro, i didn't know u could double click an equip to wear it.??thought i had to drag from inventory to equipment window.??as luck would have it, lag hit right in the middle space between inventory and equip window and the item dropped to the floor.??lag spike ended and i got it back.??but again... if i saw someone come in --> lag spike --> player takes my item --> lag spike --> player walks away laughing / taunting and wouldn't return the item.?? was a rule broken?

Quote:as for number 5, again this would probably be similar to number 3... my own fault for spamming like a noob and not keeping an eye on the weight limit. Coz hey, if i'm just spamming (fishing/mining/gb-opening) it mindlessly, how am i better than a bot?

people regularly watch tv while mindlessly clicking at the fishing/mining spots, at least back then when they were popular.??so... if Player A were to take your dory/nemo/oca/etc because you were overweight, you would say it was your own fault.??but what if Player B wasn't as nice as u???would they be able to report Player A for breaking a rule???(i actually saw an original oca from fishing drop once like this... Evil )
thing is, the way i see it, the rules does not cover these "if"s, and if anything they will be soo hard to justify who's right an who's not unless you provide screenshots...

and yes, those are ALL my opinions and at the same time imho if player B were to report on any of those cases, i'd say go for it. If there was a tribunal and he can present an SS showing that it dropped ON his cell with a message saying "you are overweight etc" (that happens when item drops because you have over 100 items in your inventory), i'd root for that guy. BUT there is no tribunal system here, so just send it along with your support ticket and pray the gm who handles it shares the sentiment Ok

question is, does the normal rules for the streets of prontera apply to a war-like situation?

W
Reference URL's