heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Peek-a-boo.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi! Not sure if there are many people here that still remember me... I've tried this before, so now I'll try again.

I'd like to come back, however, the only problem I have is that I have a MacBook Pro. I understand I must somehow download something with windows and transfer stuff, as I've tried this before.

I am ill-equipped with advanced knowledge on technology, so if someone can take the time out of their day to explain in detail what needs to be done to fully download and successfully play heRO again, I would be completely grateful!

I do enjoy pictures, as well.

Of course, I know this might be quite a lot to ask for, so I'm willing to put up a reward. I'm not sure what kind of items I have, but if I'm not mistaken, I remember having quite a bit of zeny. We can talk about it in game or on here, or wherever.

Soooo, yeah.
Mission: Get Tessa to play heRO.
Reward: Zeny

Thanks! Icon_smile Icon_wink
Seek out Kittie to get it running. She's a pro.

also...why mac? Icon_sad
Well i personally use Boot camp on my Mac, here is a guide in english for your Mac, since i'm not sure if you use Lion, Leopard etc.

http://support.apple.com/manuals/#macos

What boot camp does is basically "split" your hard disk in 2 parts, a part for windows and a part for mac. You can decide for yourself how big you want either of them to be, you can access your windows drive through mac, however you cannot access Mac files from Windows (there is a tool you can install to access it, and my BF also says you can do it if you install windows 7) however i personally do not recommend doing that unless you have a really good Virus scanner since if windows can access your mac and you get a virus you're pretty much screwed since that will mess up your mac part as well.

I you happen to get a virus in Windows itself and it escalates to the level of it really ruining your Windows you can just delete Windows and reinstall it.

Anyway, requirements for windows installation is a system 2 CD, personally i use XP myself but my BF uses Windows 7. As far as i recall installation works the same for both of them.

Hope this helps a bit, if not feel free to ask questions Icon_smile
Why Mac? My mom bought me this laptop for college, so that is what I'm using. Icon_biggrin Macs are nice, I like Macs.

I really just need a thorough guide through the installation process of Boot Camp. I remember how it works from the last time I attempted to play heRO, but I don't know the actual steps to doing so. If there's any way you can go back in time to how you installed it, and explain all of that, I would really appreciate it. I remember there being CDs involved too, which I do not currently own, but where maybe could I find them? The Apple Store? And if so, what do they look like or what is the name of the CD?

Thanks!
Well, you probably could get a much more powerful laptop for the same price as mac, or equally powerful for half the price Icon_razz
Zomg hi Tessa Icon_wink Welcome back! Good luck getting your Mac set up to play.
It was a Christmas gift hahah.

Eeeeeee, Tulwar! Icon_smile Thanks.
Welcome back! I play on a PC so I dunno, but good luck.
Thanks! Hopefully I can work it out this time... I just have no idea what exactly to do.
Wait what, you decided to come back when I decided to come back =D
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's