heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Touhou Hisoutensoku! (Unthinkable Natural Law)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I haven't seen anyone even mention anything touhou related so here I go:

Touhou is one of the most well known danmaku (bullet hell/ curtain of fire) game series. It has multiple titles, but the big fanbase tries to ignore the existence of outdated Jap Pc Releases.
Touhou games are made by only single man - ZUN, of Team Shangai Alice, he does it all (sprites, art, music, EVERYTHING), so obviously the normal game art isn't as pretty. (tough there's tons of fanart to account for that)
These games are also known to be very hard because you are literally showered with a bullet curtain Exibit A

In the universe of touhou everyone is a cute girl, there are witches, various youkai (demons), vampires, tengus, aliens, etc. They are also exaggeratedly powerfull, and their attack names are very pompous. (EX: Death Song: "Ferriage in the Deep Fog" or Death Sign: "Scythe of Final Judgement")
[Image: touhou_compare.jpg]

Now that that's out of the way: A doujin(jap indie game) company named Tasofro made a fighting game based on Touhou, with an adapted mechanic. It also features all the crazy bullet hell and exaggerated names. Exhibit B
This game has built in online so that people can PVP.

In this game universe the girls gain their special powers trough spellcards (the whole XXXX Seal is the name of the card itself) and in Hisoutensoku you can make up your own deck of 20 cards to use when fighting, you get more cards by clearing storyline or arcade mode. There are three types: System cards are cards that can be used by anyone, they include stuff like weather changing, life regen, unlimited buffs, etc); Skillcards determine your input skills (things like jump attack, leftdown attack, stuff like that). you can use them to alter your shots and how they behave too!; Finally, spellcards are the pompous overpowered skills you see in the videos, they can be interrupted (Spellbreak) and evaded, depending on the rank of the spell, you'll need to sacrifice other cards, after your 20 cards are used/sacrificed, you'll have to fend off without them. (they'll come back in the next match tough).

There are about 50 different touhou characters but only about 15 are available, these are the main ones that I might as well show you some of the main ones:

Reimu Hakurei:
[Image: Reimu.gif]

She's the main character of most of the series. She's a Human shrine maiden that works at Gensukoyo shrine. She possesses the power of Manipulation of Auras, High Intuition, Flight and Summoning Godly Powers.
She attacks by shooting exorcism scrolls and charms.
Reimu is commonly described as easygoing, curious, dutiful, and optimistic ? sometimes overly so. Her personality seems sympathetic toward many individuals; Funny enough, every touhou game ends the same way: She invites all bosses she fought in the game in question over to her shrine for a picnic and they all become friends.

Marisa Kirisame:
[Image: Marisa.gif]

Marisa is Reimu's friend. She's a human witch. Her personality is sometimes described as disagreeable, but in some other titles, straightforward. Either way, she is a very self-confident person that likes to stick her nose into every trouble out of curiosity. She's also known to be a thief of many magical and enchanted objects, but since she steals mostly off her youkai friends, and since they will outlive her for hundreds of years, she figures they can take everything back once she's dead. Also, she's the only character that actually studied for her powers, all other characters have a naturally born tallent.
Obviosuly: She attacks with magic star shots and rainbow colored beams, her signature attack is called Love Sign: "Master Spark"

Sakuya Izayoi:
[Image: Sakuya.gif]

Sakuya is the chief maid of the Scarlet Mansion, she is also the only human in the scarlet mansion. She was born with the power to control time, allowing her to stop time and do her maid work quickly.
She attacks by trowing knives, it would seem that she has an infinite supply of knives but she's actually constantly stopping time, picking them all up, returning to the place she was in and unfreezing time again. Little is known about her except that she's very loyal to her mistress.

Yuyuko Sagyouji:
[Image: Yuyuko.gif]

Yuyuko is the ghost princess of the Netherworld, she was once a living human who killed herself. She can Manipulate Death and control departed souls. She can use her powers to invite a living soul to the Netherworld, a place that is neither Heaven or Hell.
She's strong and responsible but also whimsical and has a slightly lazy/sleepy posture.
She attacks with spirits from the netherworld that take the form of butterflies, and also sakura petal shots that she summons with her fan.

And that's about enough, there are other more powerfull characters that have powers such as the power to control borders (any border, even the border between life and death) or the power to control fate.
so you want us to stop playing hero and play this game instead? XD

When i saw the vid 1st thought in my head was MOE! fighting game much like melty blood and guilty gears (wait GG is not moe lol) and it is very japanese-ey XD (i know not a word) Thanks for the share now I know that this exists and would probably like to try it sometime
I kinda miss this slower paced type of fighting game XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2kDxssqmDE
nooo, I'm just phasing trough the new-game addiction, I don't plan on negleting heRO! XD
I am pretty sure the games aren't free, I wouldn't be passing around downloads to torrent sites and Pirate Bay.??I know a lot of people think the games are free, but ZUN doesn't make them that way. =/

Giving out the english patch so people can play the game in a language they understand is always gravy though.??I've got on my shelf actually both versions of Langrisser II (Der Langrisser) on my shelf and emulate it with english patch on my comp.??:>

Anyway, this wiki seems to have working websites where Touhou games are sold.

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Buying_Stuff

I've read somewhere that ZUN has no intention of selling his games on Steam and other such services, which is a darn shame, he'd certainly would sell well through there.??Lots of other bullet hell shooters are popping up there these days like eXceed series and Gundemonium trilogy, and of course, Jamestown is a really fun one with multiplayer action made by Final Form Games.

Anyway, I personally haven't bothered with Touhou mainly cause I rather not bother with fiddling to make it work.??Plus, paying for those games would be kind of hard on my wallet at this time.??Maybe another year lol.
Ohh, dayum, in that case, consider links removed~!
UNL was meh, I liked SWR better.

Aaronock Wrote:Anyway, I personally haven't bothered with Touhou mainly cause I rather not bother with fiddling to make it work.

All I had to do was change to a smaller resolution.
Reference URL's