heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Pro-Wizard Guide to DG (With Pictures ^^)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Introduction
I'm writing this guide to give some tips and tactics to Wizards/H-Wizards at Dimensional Gorge and in general. The Wizard is probably the most important class for any party. A good Wizard can carry his/her party. About 75% of DG parties I join end up wiping or not going anywhere because the Wizard dosn't know how to control his/her mobs and use their skills effectively. It gets downright frustrating when I lure in half the map and the party wipes because the Wizard couldn't kill the mob.

General Wizard Info For DG
First off, I would not recommend going into DG with anything less than a High Wizard. I've seen a few Wizards pull it off with good support from ME Priests and Bolter Professors but it still takes awhile to kill the monsters. The reason I recommend a High Wizard is because they have the "Ampliy Magic" skill which increase Matk by 50% and High Wizards can also use "Staff of Piercing(Trans Mage Classes Only)" which pierces the MDEF of monsters. Also bring green pots or Panceas to cure Silence as some of the mobs tend to silence a lot!

SKills, Stats, and Equipment
Skills
Storm Gust, Amplify Damage and Quagmire are pretty much going to be your bread and butter for DG. Some Wizards like to mix in Meteor Storm or even LoV all together but I find Amplified Storm Gusts and Quagmire to work just fine. I recommend hotkeying Level1 Storm Gust, Level10 Storm Gust and Quagmire. I will explain why the level1 Storm Gust is needed later on.
Stats
By the time you are high enough level to play Wizard at DG you should have pretty much maxed out skill and stat points. Max Int is a must because the monsters at DG have high Magic Defense. I would recommend pumping Int first as it is more important than Dex. Unlike other dungeons, you can get away with having a slow cast time at DG and still be ok.
Equipment
"Leet" equipment is not required at DG although I would recommend stacking on as much +Matk gears as you can. I'm not going to go into details but for equipment but for Headgears you can go with "Oogie Boogie Hat" which adds +5%Matk and is pretty cheap to buy. "Robo Eye" and "White Hip Ribbon/Tie" are other examples of easy/cheap +Matk gears.

Wizard's Role in a DG Party
There are 2 types of parties at DG. The first is the "Camping Party." The camping party is pretty much as the name suggests, the party camps near the portal of the entrance or at another stationary location. This is the safest way of doing DG as you are not moving around and bumping into mobs. The only downside to this is you are harder for the Lures to reach as they have to move to the party. The way to play this party as a Wizard is basically to just stay at the entrance until the Lure brings in the mobs then Spam your AOE spells. Make sure you are not too close to the entrance because you will need room to fight and retreat. You should also periodically go out and scout for and kill any Valks that are too close to the camping area. This will prevent any Valks from sneaking into your party and wiping everyone.

Recommended Camping Spot
[Image: 35179c0368bd__1353839248000.jpg?tw=0&...p;rs=false]

The second type of party at DG is the "Moving Party." The moving party as the name suggests moves about the map killing small mobs while the lures bring in bigger mobs. This is a faster way to get exp and loot as you are moving and killing mobs faster. However, this way is more dangerous because you will be running into random mobs from all sides. I recommend running laps around the outer wall of the map or around the upper middle circle of the map that has the Black Impact Hole. This way you are only exposing yourself to 3 sides that any random mobs can come from.

Recommended Walking Paths
[Image: 2921c5fa9977__1353839248000.jpg?tw=0&...p;rs=false]

Mob Killing and Control
Now, we get to the mechanics of Wizard'ing at DG. Before you even step foot into DG as a Wizard there are a few things you should know:
1. Know Your Spells!
Most Wizard Spells can be cast a Maximum of 9 cells away. That means that you can cast Storm Gust and Quagmire 9 cells away from where your Chracter is currently standing. Knowing this, you should ALWAYS be casting from the maximum "safe" distance that your spell can reach. Keep in mind that Storm Gust i a radius spell that can hit monsters outside of the 9 cell range. This is the main reason I see parties wipe because Wizards get too close to mobs and don't keep a safe minimum them and the mobs.

The usual casting cycle for DG mobs should be Level1 SG, Quag, Amplify + Level 10 Gust 3x-4x times, back up 1-2 cells, Quag again, Amplify + Level 10 Gust 3x-4x Times, Repeat until mobs are dead. DO NOT spam all your quagmires at once. I see so many Wizards do this. You can only have 3 active quagmires up at any time and spamming them on top of each other does not stack them. Instead spread them out in between your Storm Gusts and on any additional mobs that may sneak up on your party. Also, make sure you are moving with the mobs to keep a safe distance. A lot of Wizards just sit in one spot for too long and eventually get overrun by the mobs. I like to step back 1-2 cells every couple of Storm Gusts. This way the mobs don't get too close. Some Wizards like to move around in circles around the mobs. This works too but is more dangerous because it exposes you any mobs that might creep up. It's also harder for your party to stay with you.

In This Picture The Wizard Is too Close to The Mob...
[Image: dcadea8dde52__1353840605000.jpg?tw=0&...p;rs=false]

...and he dies!
[Image: c7ab47c2838e__1353840605000.jpg?tw=0&...p;rs=false]

Safe Casting Distance From Mob
[Image: cabf22275463__1353840921000.jpg?tw=0&...p;rs=false]

2. Know Your Enemies!
Dimensional Gorge has 4 Satan Morroc Baddies that can take out a Wizard in one shot. They all have high HP, high MDEF and DEF, can cast silence, can heal and can cast very high damaging AOE spells that can wipe a party in one shot.

[Image: 3629fdc4c7ee__1353841627000.gif?tw=0&...p;rs=false]
The First Satan Morroc is the 4 legged crawling one(The one that looks like a disfigured lady). This one is the weakest of the Satan Morrocs as she has the lowest HP and MDEF. She can cast silence and has a shadow property leech attack. This one won't be too much of a threat as she will usually fall to your spells pretty fast. Just don't get too close or she will Wide Silence everyone.

[Image: 38582e2f3a2e__1353841627000.gif?tw=0&...p;rs=false]
The Second Satan Morroc is the brown mud looking one. This one is a little tougher than the 4 legged one because he has higher HP and MDEF. He can also cast a 9999 heal on himself and others as well as use Magnum Break and Earthquake. Deal with him the same way you deal with the first one. Just keep your distance and keep pounding him with your AOE spells until he falls. Don't get too close or he will Earthquake and Magnum Break.

[Image: 97624d0714dc__1353841626000.gif?tw=0&...p;rs=false]
The Third Satan Morroc is a ghost type monster. He has the highest MDEF of the Morroc Monsters. He also likes to heal??A LOT! He will also "teleport" next to the caster sometimes. But don't panic. If he does teleport next to you when you are casting just back up 1-2 cells and keep casting until he dies. This monster won't attack at all if there is a monster around that does not have 100% Health or if he dosn't have 100% health. He will keep healing until everyone of his Monster buddies is at 100%. So if he teleports next to you don't panic. Just keep pounding this guy with your AOE spells. It takes longer than the other Morrocs but he will eventually fall.

[Image: fa6ab7577fff__1353841627000.gif?tw=0&...p;rs=false]
The Fourth(and most dangerous) Satan Morroc looks like the Valks in Odin's Temple only slightly different (also referred to as "Valks"). This one must be dealt with individually if possible. This Morroc can heal, AOE curse, spawns with a magic reflect barrier and a very nasty AOE Meteor Assault'ish skill. This is where your level 1 Storm Gust and Dispell Sage/Prof comes in. As soon as the Valk is sighted you should alert the other members in your Party with some sort of warning Macro (Example VALK! DISPEL!). The Wizard then should hit the monster with Level 1 Storm Gust until he is successfully dispelled by the Sage/Prof. Dispelling this Morroc removes his Magic Reflect Barrier which prevents the Wizard from taking damage from his own reflected spells. After being dispelled then you can safely hit the Valk with your normal Level 10 Storm Gust. But be careful! Just because he is dispelled dosn't mean he isn't still dangerous. Valks can still cast AOE curse and Meteor Assault if you any members of your party get too close. This usually means instant death as the AOE Meteor Assault can easily do over 30k+ damage to ungeared players. Meteor Assault Damage can be reduced by Neutral property cards, race cards, Regular Armor/Vit Defense, or spells like Assumptio.

3. Teamwork
Teamwork and communication, the biggest factor in a successful DG party. Everyone should be alert and ready in a DG party. As a Wizard you should always have your finger on your Level 1 Storm Gust Hotkey in case any mobs wander into range of your party. Set a macro to warn for incoming Valks so your Dispeller knows to come up and dispel the Valk. Also, make sure your Priest is buffing and curing silence and curse on you. Pay attention to your mini-map so you know which direction your lures are coming from so you can adjust your casting angle accordingly.

Well, hopefully this guide will help some of you Wizards along. If not then I've wasted 45 minutes writing this guide. Good luck and happy hunting at DG!

Credit to Ratemyserver.net for some of the pictures.
Ah Menace! Thanks for doing this! This will help us a lot *7*
Isn't meteor assault, but is Pulse Strike
he doesn't know that much about the mobs on DG

those ghost thingny usually use heal near player (usually the wiz) and he cant "teleport" or anything. he walks normaly but due the poslag it turned out that way...

there's lot of other incorrect things on the other mobs as well..

lets just wait for nameless to be fixed and let those incompetent wiz back to nameless...
Shinigami l0_0l Wrote:he doesn't know that much about the mobs on DG

those ghost thingny usually use heal near player (usually the wiz) and he cant "teleport" or anything. he walks normaly but due the poslag it turned out that way...

there's lot of other incorrect things on the other mobs as well..

lets just wait for nameless to be fixed and let those incompetent wiz back to nameless...

Yeah some of the technical names and stuff I used are a bit off but I just wanted to give a general idea of what the mobs do. Anyone who has been in a few DG parties will generally know how the mobs work.

I used to see a lot of FAIL Wizards at Nameless too when it was still popular. IMO DG is a lot easier than Nameless.
O W O

Time to level Natsu~ then!
Should work out fine for staring people, i guess...

(If they'll even read this >.>'' )
Could you add that wiz should always bring green pot to DG, this could help cure the silence cast by the mob and no need to poke the priest for cure.
Get a marduk hat in ulle cap and a linked stalker lure imo. 30+ mobs at once and mass exp.
Ninja does good too for a mobber, a bathory and cicada means nothing can hit you unless you get a dispell and right afterwards a pulse strike.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's