heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Renewal Client, yay or nay?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1000 is already too much, it can cause storage bugs D=
It's safer to have < 800 equipment items in storage. Chances are most of what you've got stashed away will be Items/ETC's. If you're prone to hording you might have to separate horded/slightly useless items between accounts
I'm all for the renewal client, mainly because of storage and the auto BM. However, I'd like to see the bugs with the custom items fixed before it is implemented.
so, almost 2 months have passed since publication of this thread... will we see the client some time?
The map is cool, especially if we could [are we able to?] customize the level ranges recommended to HeRo's, particularly for custom maps. Could custom maps be tossed in the image? I imagine its a simple thing, editing it.

I like battlemode a bit in renewal, since with some work in the keybindings menu you can switch it off and just use the F keys. Its nice having all four skill bars sitting there to view, as well.

I do not like that the equip and stat menus are combined. I do like that you can minimize the stat part (right? its been a while since I've been on renewal somewhere) but generally I play with the EQ menu sitting in the corner to monitor any gear breakage, and to prevent dropping items. Stat menu sits elsewhere for monitoring as well.

Many times have I experienced the button highlight glitch, but it happens in the current client for me as well. So I don't think that matters much, it isn't too bothersome.

Will this rendition of the skill menu allow auto-allocation by just clicking the late in tree skill?

Search is nice. Can we make it not case sensitive?

I voted no for now, as using renewal client on other servers for me hasn't been enjoyable. It feels clunky, and I'll always despise the hover over skill information. Doesn't matter what resolution you play at, theres never enough room for the longer skill details. The click to scroll, or a scrollable skill info pop-up would have been much better.
myBlack_isWhite Wrote:so, almost 2 months have passed since publication of this thread... will we see the client some time?

We're working on it (trying to fix some bugs), but also working on other server stuff, I wish there were more hours in a day XD we also got a gm that is making new installers. We'll announce it when it's nearly good to go and give ample time for people to pre-download the new client.

takhara Wrote:The map is cool, especially if we could [are we able to?] customize the level ranges recommended to HeRo's, particularly for custom maps. Could custom maps be tossed in the image? I imagine its a simple thing, editing it.
It's an image, technically it's doable.

takhara Wrote:Will this rendition of the skill menu allow auto-allocation by just clicking the late in tree skill?

Search is nice. Can we make it not case sensitive?
No and no.
A big yes for me.

Plus, we could use the 3rd class sprites as costumes. YAY!

*would definitely dress up my high wizzy as a Warlock omg*
kunkun14 Wrote:A big yes for me.

Not 3rd classes but sprites for 3rd classes (heaven)
Seth~ Wrote:
kunkun14 Wrote:A big yes for me.

Not 3rd classes but sprites for 3rd classes (heaven)
That's what I'm exactly talking about x3
My vote is yes, regardless of the answer but.

Does this include some of the features modern RO has?
Like costume items and mounts for each class? Or is that considered a mechanic?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's