heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: heRO Idol - Singing Event
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
heRO Idol

Entries:
Alexander (Seven Days - Craig David)
Kroggles( Stars - Les Miserables)
GM-Hermes(Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven)
GM-Chocolate(Change My Life - Eternal Snow)
Culex(Lady Peace - Somewhere Out There
GM-Pandora (We Were Lovers)
GM-Pandora(Teenager Dirtbag)
Chakra(The Pussycat Dolls - Stick Wit U)
Iyali (Metric - Grow up and blow away)
Iyali (Infected Mushroom - In front of me)
Our new singing event. If you haven't watched American Idol I can explain it's simple logic. We will have several stages/phases in this singing competition. The first will be made to choose our 12 final participants. From there on in each week I will be handing out themes or a certain period of time of which people will choose a song to sing. We will then by each week have a poll to decide who will be going on and who will be cut off. That way, we will end up with our heRO Idol!

We will have prizes, of course. For entering this event you will be gaining a gift box+10.000zn. The final participants will be getting better prizes, which will be getting better each phase/stage we go through, those prizes I will be listing out once we have our final participants.

To enter, follow this tutorial ahead, and you will be able to enter with only one song, so be careful with your choice Icon_biggrin. I will post down all the entries, although for the final participants I with the GM team will be the ones to decide, you'll get a chance to help your favorite with our polls.

I hope many people decide to participate, since this is a fun event, which doesn't require much time online in the game and high level Icon_biggrin.

The deadline to enter your song for the first cut out will be on the 3rd of April. Don't be shy Icon_biggrin!

*****Tutorial made by GM-Boomy*****
1- Download Audacity from there: Audacity download page and choose the more recent stable version (you can use the beta version if you want, it's up to you) and install it. Also you'll need this dll file to save in mp3: LAME MP3 encoder and choose to download the LAME MP3 encoder and then save it where you want, but remember where, we'll need it later.

2- Open Audacity. You'll have this window when you open it:
[Image: herosingingstep28pl.jpg]

4- At the top of the window, under the play/stop/etc. buttons, you'll see 2 sliders. Be sure that the 2nd one is near the end (if your voice sounds distorted when you'll record yourself, lower it a little.). Then in the dropdown menu just after those 2 sliders, choose Microphone.
[Image: herosingingstep43el.jpg]

5- Now press Control+P (ctrl-p) to open the preference. in the Audio I/O section, in the Recording rectangle, choose the channel dropdown menu and select 2 (Stereo). Also, check the Play other tracks while recording new one then press ok.
[Image: herosingingstep57ot.jpg]

6- Click on the Project menu, then Import Audio. Choose your mp3/wav file. This is your "song" track, the actual song who will play in the background.
[Image: herosingingstep37ca.jpg]

7- Now you're all set to record yourself! When you'll press the record button, the song will start and a new track is created to record your voice.

8- When you're done, on the left side of each track, you'll see 2 sliders on each track. The one we need to modify is the first one of each track. On the "song" track, put the slider at -3 dB (you'll see the value when you'll click on the slider). For the "voice" track, it all depends on how loud you sang. but you should always put a positive value on this track to make your voice louder than the music. In my example, my voice track has a +6 dB value.

8b- You can try to add some effects on your voicetrack and the voice track only to make something original, but it's up to you, this s not mandatory and it's just for fun.

9- We're ready to export our file! Click on the File menu, then export as MP3...

You'll have a warning telling you that your tracks will be mixed down to a single stereo one, click OK it' prefectly normal. Your filename should have the following template:

Your forum nick (the original song name - the original artist).mp3

Audacity will ask you to locate the lame_enc.dll file (remember the file in step 2?). Click yes then go where you saved the file. Your song is now exported in mp3!

10- Upload your mp3 there (you can zip it if you want): http://www.yourfilelink.com/ and send me the upload link by email at: amschoco@gmail.com

PS: You can find the original tutorial on this post: Singing Event Post

[EDIT]Corrected the images links Icon_biggrin
[EDIT2]Uploading our entries =]
ooo so will it be like karaoke?
What if I'd rather play an instrument than sing?
It will work somewhat like a kareoke.
And don't worry, I intend on doing an instrument skill event as well, but I'm sorry for this event will only be for singing purposes.
If you share a forum account with someone else please let me know on your email.
HAH!! Cool, the bard will rock!! xD

Icon_biggrin i think i love this event already

btw, the audacity will make the karaoke job, or we'll sing over the original voice?

Icon_mrgreen
you will sing over the original voice, if you don't find a karaoke version of your song. Although I'm pretty sure there is a way to lower the original song and make your own be louder. If you rather just sing and send me the music without a back ground that's ok too.
ooo a capella Icon_biggrin
xD can i choose any song? the band i'm thinking, like, sings a mix of english/portuguese
i like their lirycs tough, they're fun, make ppl laugh xD
yes, you get to choose any song, but you can only subscribe one. So better think carefully Icon_biggrin.
I'm still waiting for your entries heroes, let's participate, there will be wonderful prizes =]
u should go and make the merchandise in-game Cho, not too many ppl come to forum without a good reason like me and Rei xD that stay in the forum all the time

well... anyway, i'll make it too, but GM reinforcement is always welcome Icon_mrgreen
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Reference URL's