heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: To return for a bit or not to return.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sell me on this. I want to know if I should return or not. :>
Evil
I hope you do Icon_smile

We got xmas coming up, exp will be up and I'm writing a nice quest.
Hmms~ Maybe I shall then. It'll be something nice and relaxed to do when I'm not swearing at Mabinogi, or coding...

Watch Windows 8 swear at RO though Cry

Its already running on a couple of strikes.... but I like my touch screen too much to nuke-n'-pave. /sigh

Edit:

GG Microsoft GG....

Linking as not to page stretch:
http://i42.tinypic.com/102rxcg.png
(Errr... Dont mind that tag.)

*Tinkers* YOU. WILL. WORK.

....:>

@Panda So. It turns out people coming in on windows 8 need to do a reg edit to fix the game.
I've had great luck using the program the dude made in this thread on my Windows 8 laptop. While I lack the touch screen, I didn't need to bother with reg edit.
Basically small window means the program doesn't know what size to make the RO screen and by default it makes it 0 x 0. There are various ways to get it to set a size, reg edit being one of them but probably the most "tech-ish".

If your problem isn't already solved let us know and we'll help you to get it working.
GM-Pandora Wrote:Basically small window means the program doesn't know what size to make the RO screen and by default it makes it 0 x 0. There are various ways to get it to set a size, reg edit being one of them but probably the most "tech-ish".

If your problem isn't already solved let us know and we'll help you to get it working.

Getting the resolution to work is just a matter of conversion from decimal to hexadecimal o^o
It's a matter of compatibility of "Setup.exe" most likely, if you're using the one with a ghostring icon it usually don't work with heRO's current client. Installing RO in "Program Files" usually blocks Setup's full functionality too and I've noticed you have it in there.

I recommend you to try the older version of "Setup.exe" and make it run in compatibility mode for Windows XP, or try Opensetup both in REG (registry) and LUA modes to see if either options work. If not, you can use "ROExt" (for windowed mode at least) with or without the tool pointed by The Legendary Joe.
Summer, give me your skype if you gots oneeeeee
Dani, you big fattie. :> I sent you a PM Ok

And I got it working-- Its perfectly fine. Thankyou for trying to help Icon_biggrin;
Reference URL's