heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Windows 8.1 issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so I saw there was an update to the??Windows 8 OS this morning and decided to go along with it.

After all the problems I had with the window sizes before (which were okay with a work around fix), now the hero client will automatically close immediately after running.

I can still patch, but the client won't show up. I tried running it in compatability mode, and running it as an administrator, but had no luck.

Can we have some help with this?
Try to move your RO files to another folder if it's in Program Files.
Well, since i did the same not so long ago, if the above doesn't work try to reinstall DirectX/Video drivers, since after i upgraded i discovered that they are all awesome and mostly up to date, but not completely integrated with my notebook. Icon_smile
In the end, the windows 8.1 would never let the computer restart properly and needed to refresh it back to the OS the laptop came with. guess I'll wait until more of the 8.1 updates are released before I'll get back to this.
Reference URL's