heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: /wah
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wierd bug-type error when trying to upload an avatar... Icon_sad

Its coming off my C drive.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./uploads/avatars/avatar_732.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/heroserver/domains/hero-server.net/public_html/forum/inc/functions_upload.php on line 266

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phptyEEPe' to './uploads/avatars/avatar_732.jpg' in /home/heroserver/domains/hero-server.net/public_html/forum/inc/functions_upload.php on line 266

The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again.
Are you sure the dimensions of your avatar follow the maximum permitted by the forum? Also check if it is on an extension (.jpeg,.gif) that the forum accepts Icon_biggrin
If that doesn't work try to upload it on a website first:

http://www.imageshack.us for example.
Thanks Icon_biggrin
Isnt 120 by 120 a bit teeny? I come up with a box this size in photoshop [ ] 0o
Aira Wrote:Warning: move_uploaded_file(./uploads/avatars/avatar_732.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/heroserver/domains/hero-server.net/public_html/forum/inc/functions_upload.php on line 266

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phptyEEPe' to './uploads/avatars/avatar_732.jpg' in /home/heroserver/domains/hero-server.net/public_html/forum/inc/functions_upload.php on line 266
Its a permission error. PHP seems to be able to upload it at first, but is then unable to put it in the permanent folder.
GM-Windslip Wrote:Its a permission error. PHP seems to be able to upload it at first, but is then unable to put it in the permanent folder.

I hope you can fix it Icon_smile Until then, I will upload elsewhere...
Reference URL's