heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Price Question Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my second RO server, last one I was on was years ago and it has since died...years ago.

They had a price question thread on their forums, and I thought I read something around on the website or these forums similar, but, I can't find it.

Is there a place I can go, on the forums, to ask about prices of stuff? I know I can just "look at other players' shops".....but not all players sell what I'm wondering about.

If there isn't one, can I suggest one to be made?
The longest running price-check thread I know of is here: http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=20085

Not sure how often people still check it (or how accurate any of it still is) and it's up to 43 pages, but it exists!

Aside: I've always wished we had a site like that old RO Market (or whatever it's called; I guess now it's "Ragial"?) but I have nooooooooooooooo clue how that's put together or how to keep it up to date or anything of that sort.
(05-07-2014 12:36 AM)demishock Wrote: [ -> ]Aside: I've always wished we had a site like that old RO Market (or whatever it's called; I guess now it's "Ragial"?) but I have nooooooooooooooo clue how that's put together or how to keep it up to date or anything of that sort.

As far as this goes, I'm not entirely sure how accurate it would be either, since, I'm assuming these are based on canon RO prices, not private servers. A server that has 1x drop rates, vs 5x drop rates is going to have different prices, and those servers with 100x drop rates...what even has value on them? lol. Thanks for the info though! Perhaps should find a way to promote the price check thread, that way people use it more or know about it.
(05-07-2014 12:48 AM)Phoenix Eterna Wrote: [ -> ]As far as this goes, I'm not entirely sure how accurate it would be either, since, I'm assuming these are based on canon RO prices, not private servers. A server that has 1x drop rates, vs 5x drop rates is going to have different prices, and those servers with 100x drop rates...what even has value on them? lol. Thanks for the info though! Perhaps should find a way to promote the price check thread, that way people use it more or know about it.

Oh, yeah, those are the canon prices I believe. I'm just saying I wish we had a version of that for our own server, but I imagine there's probably a ton of maintenance that has to go into it. Thinking Even just some kind of bare-bones list page would be cool, though, where people who are market-savvy could sign up (like with the heRO wiki) and update prices, if they felt so inclined, and then people could CTRL+F search it instead of having to page through the forum thread (which appears to have a limit of 50 posts per page at the most). I have no idea if anyone else would want something like that, though, lol. I myself am completely useless about the market, so people could tell me any price and I'd probably believe them.

/Late-night ramblings; I should be asleep right now. XP
Last I knew, the system that was/is used for RO-Market/Ragial involved bots that checked up on pricing periodically. It was apparently allowed as an exception on iRO, but I don't know if it'd fly here.

Edit:
"Non-iRO servers can be easily added. Updating can be done by people who aren't me provided I give them an update login. This will allow me to add other servers and have someone who plays on those servers run the update client. This was originally coded to add support for euRO, but uhh umm that's gone now." -Dishonru

Still, this is largely up to the GMs to decide. Also, good luck actually contacting the guy.
I think by other servers they probably mean other official servers ^_^;
Haha, maybe. I don't think anyone from other official servers would have actually contacted him though, especially if they spoke a different language than English.

I was really just bringing up the information necessary on what getting a Ragial-like interface would take. The near-impossibility of the prospect remains. Ok
Reference URL's