heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Custom quests that use pet eggs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think that pet taming in heRO is really fun. But pets don't really seem to sell that often and the unused pet eggs and taming items take up a MASSIVE amount of storage space. It seems like everyone already has the pet they want and there's no real economy for it.

I think it'd be awesome if there were repeatable custom quests (something like the Hatter quest, for example) that took pet eggs or even just took any pet-related items. I know the skill reset quest already kinda does this, but it isn't enough. As it is now, most of these items are just sitting around in everyone's storage being kinda useless.

Could this be a possibility down the line? Ok
Well, if you're a transed 90+ char, I know the Stat Resetter uses some, but yea, I could see this being a more widespread thing. Maybe a newer daily where some little (possibly rich) girl requests a random pet on a whim of fancy and awards you if you manage to acquire it for her.

Rewards could be some kind of point system with some very nice things if you do it consistantly. Maybe reset the points at the end of the month to keep people from just stockpiling them and gives incentive to keep catching more Pokemon cute pets.
Oh yeah, lets make a cooking quest's npc asking for dog puppies.

Because, we already have a npc that asks for a life to be sacrified, why not.
(12-11-2017 07:06 AM)The Roger Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah, lets make a cooking quest's npc asking for dog puppies.

Because, we already have a npc that asks for a life to be sacrified, why not.

That sounds too creepy >.> the reset npc shouldn't say such a thing.

(12-11-2017 02:43 AM)Naruhodo Wrote: [ -> ]Could this be a possibility down the line? Ok

Sure, we are really busy atm with Lutia, but if a good description of such quest is given it can be easier to make it.

(12-11-2017 03:51 AM)The Legendary Joe Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a newer daily where some little (possibly rich) girl requests a random pet on a whim of fancy and awards you if you manage to acquire it for her.

It is a good idea. Not sure about new points (currency), since the GMs discuss the rewards themselves.
I think we need to buff pet skill instead.
The newest of new custom pets have skills, along with easter bunny. I believe almost all of the ones in Lutia do.

it's not written in wiki cause literal laziness
I still want to catch 'em all and get rid of all the taming items stuffed up my Kafra-land.. and then get rid of the eggs too. New strong pets are good, but I still need to do stuff with all this old pet crap Cry

I agree that a Pet Adoption repeatable quest would be perfect and fun. Perhaps the quest NPC could ask for a different pet each day and have rewards similar to the Blank Card rewards or whatever the GMs deem is most balanced and fun.
We'll keep in mind to ask for pet eggs for things in the future, but no it won't be in the style of blank card lottery.
Reference URL's