heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Greetings and Salutations!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone! Nice to meet you. I'm new to HeRO, even though my account is a little less than a month old. It took me this long to be able to get the two clients, haha. I guess somewhere down the line I became really picky about what private server I wanted to start playing on and HeRO was the highest quality I could find. That and I was really impressed with Pandora's attitude in the RateMyServer forums while some other people representing their servers put me off entirely. I don't expect to server hop anytime soon, what with the nifty customs and nice atmosphere. The wings and hairstyles are gorgeous. I can't help but wonder if the hairstyles were plucked off NPCs or monsters then adapted for characters because they look excellent. I wouldn't know, I haven't fought much more than porings and orcs before.

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to RO, unfortunately. I know the basics but not much more than that. I used to play on a very simplified server that died some time ago. I never knew the Training Grounds even existed or that you actually have to do something besides talk to an NPC in Prontera to change your job. It sounds fun, though, so I'm eager to try everything out for once. I don't think I'll ask too many questions, but you'll probably see my running around in circles from time to time without a clue. Icon_lol

Anyway, hello. Hopefully I can be of service when I denewb, if that even makes any sense at all. Sorry, introductory posts are always the hardest with me so I tend to kinda just blather. Icon_razz
[Image: welcome2-1.gif]
Namin? came from some similar situation as well... to the point of "it's possible to walk from pront to payon?" Indeed there is all the stylists, custom hair and very balanced custom equipment that is not game breaking, and can at most assist with some level ups on a few difficult to train character, but certainly everything is very similar to iRO itself. Sir should never have to worry about not knowing how a more traditional server functions as all the job change npc is taken away... the community will love to give a helping hand~

Namin? looks forward to seeing Mr. Metallic ingame~
Don't resist to openly enjoy main and intermingle with the rest of the heroic community~ Icon_biggrin

(indeed, Ms. Pandora and heRO are certainly very charming. Namin? found heRO through RMS as well~)
Welcome ^_^

And thank you for the praise, I hope you find a nice home in heRO!

I did not make any of the custom hairstyles myself, I get them from a nice community called RUNE where people share their RO-related custom creationg. I simply choose them, give them a name and add them to our beloved server.
Thanks for the welcome everyone--I really appreciate it!

Namin?, to tell the truth I didn't know you could walk from Prontera to Payon. In fact I didn't know hardly any of the towns even existed. And I'm glad I don't have to use a job changer; I was looking for a vaguely official experience to see what Ragnarok is actually like, and so far it's extremely different from what I knew about it.
But then I'm also glad for the resetters, because no doubt I'm going to royally mess up soon. And the custom clothing colors are cool. So this does seem to be the perfect mix of official and custom.

I've seen your name in the chat screen several times while playing, but when you mentioned me I was talking to an NPC and I don't know how to post messages without the game registering the Enter key as a Next command. And after I was done messing up--I mean, um, speaking to the NPC--I'd forgotten to say something. That wasn't me, by the way. Icon_lol

Thank you, Pandora--it's great here. And it's amazing how many people offered to help me out, and how much they did help me. I hadn't really thought about it, but apparently I knew next to nothing when I played at my old server (except for how to follow someone around on EXP Share and randomly attack what they were attacking, hahah) so when I said I knew the basics... whoo, boy was I wrong. I'm very grateful for such a helpful community.

Is that where the hairstyles came from? Well, they look great nonetheless and I'm looking forward to those big pigtails, no matter how much I like one of the (I believe newer) official hairstyles.
Oye oye welcome. Icon_wink
Welcome, I hope you like it here!
Enjoy your stay Icon_smile
Welcome \o\
Nham, yeah customs here are like BEAUTIFUL. What can we do? Panda is a genious o.o
Welcome! :D
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's