heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: New RO 2 !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
DId you guys hear...

About the new RO 2 i'm so excited about it but worried the new 3d type world might make it seem like brand new game but yeah it looks fun :D
if you heard of it ill post a link to a video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Veez3WhZeMY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PityGvPcZRM

enjoy.
-comments please?
Agree with me?
Haha, that looks really interesting and cute. It'll probably be a long time after it comes out before I try it, though. I have enough games I want to play already and I'm really slow when it comes to playing them. Icon_lol

The 3D graphics may make it seem like a brand new game, but in a way it is I guess. I really like the pixel characters RO has, but that style of 3D models is cute, too, so I can't see myself minding it too much. Most games nowadays go 3D anyway, I'm kinda used to it. Icon_razz
People either absolutely love it or hate it.

Personally, when it comes out I'll probably never look at RO 1 again. Let's just face it, you cant compete with Yoko Kanno.

Jk, I love everything about it, as a personal preference. I also love the 2d of RO 1 so I'll probably never stop playing, but I will definitely be shelling out the cash for RO2 sometime in the near future. Apparently we should be expecting an english beta sometime within the year-next year.

I cant explain how excited I am over it.

I pray every night to the gaming gods, "Oh gods, please dont let RO2 suck..."
waaa~ loved the graphics Icon_biggrin
I really want to play it... D:

It's open/closed beta in korea still?
It's still in closed beta in Korea. You must have a Korean IP to play though, so everyone else is out of luck.
argh... it's impossible to play throught proxys?
(sorry if it's not allowed to talk about these things here >_< )
If I heard correctly RO2 is pretty secure. I'm not sure if it's possible or not. Personally, I dont want to play it until it is properly revised.

Our beta will be alot different than the Korean one. And apparently there wont be long to wait. The project is really coming along.

Edit: By the way, RO2 is nothing like RO1. If you go into it expecting a 3D RO1 you're going to be dissapointed.

For one thing, there are going to be 3 playable races. Only 1 of these races actually has the ability to have a class as we know it on RO. The other two races will apparently have abilities that stem from their classes, so they will basically be like EXT classes here, aka gunslinger ninja, whatever.

Also unlike RO1 that is around 90% stat customizable, in RO2 your stats are mostly decided by what class you are. The stats you choose take a back seat this time around.

Also, you are enticed to hold onto your weapons because in RO2 your weapon will grow along with you. As you use it it will actually level up and gain new functionality so you will never have to nessisarily throw it out for a new one every time it becomes obsolete like in RO1.

There will be items that can and cannot level. The ones that can level are exclusive to you, (will perhaps have your name on it) and cannot be sold, dropped or traded. It's your own custom item. If you want more information, this is a great place to check up on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnarok_On..._the_World
Oh, i see...
I'll wait too them.
That sounds pretty cool, actually. Icon_biggrin I'll be sure to check out that link, thanks for it Salvosa.
this is OLD, old, old news xD i dont think it will beat RO, but im gonna give it a shot
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's