heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Suggestions (a few)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Alright i have a bunch of suggestions that i might move to the polls section if enough of you think theyre worthwhile (note these are gust suggestions, if you dont think they should be implimented, or do post your reasoning here :D)

-Custom Mob Spawns:
????-Bathorys in entrance to CT (bout 20-30)
????-15 clocks in the 2nd floor of CT to spawn in one room.
????-Dark Priests in the Glast Hiem map

-Reset Master
????-10k per level after level 40, and 2x at reborn
???????? (ex. a lvl 50 sinx would pay 100k for stat/skill reset)
???????? (ex. a lvl 99 sin would pay 99k for stat/skill reset)

-Healer
????-Free all the time, but only usable once every 5 minutes
????-Able to use all the time under level 40-60

Stalker/Rogue (note this is still JUST a suggestion)
????-Able to use trans-class skills
?????? (eg. rogue can use regular, and stalker can use both, I dont care so much, I just miss my stalker being able to use soul breaker/shield chain.)

there aren't really any more that I've remembered, I don't want to be flamed on here x_o, just seeing if you guys think this is a good idea or not.

PS. all of these things were implimented on my old server, and they liked it there so I thought it might be nice to have them here.

EDIT::: If you dont post a reason, I wont read your post or reply to it, manly because I want to read reasons WHY or WHY not, not whether or you agree or not.
Iduncare Wrote:Alright i have a bunch of suggestions that i might move to the polls section if enough of you think theyre worthwhile (note these are gust suggestions, if you dont think they should be implimented, or do post your reasoning here :D)

-Custom Mob Spawns:
-Bathorys in entrance to CT (bout 20-30)
-15 clocks in the 2nd floor of CT to spawn in one room.
-Dark Priests in the Glast Hiem map

just curious, wad would be the point of these custom mobs :o?

Iduncare Wrote:-Reset Master
-10k per level after level 40, and 2x at reborn
(ex. a lvl 50 sinx would pay 100k for stat/skill reset)
(ex. a lvl 99 sin would pay 99k for stat/skill reset)

if the reset master becomes so cheap then ppl will be resetting like mating bunnies O_O;; i think it just makes the players have to actually consider which builds they will be using and to choose wisely. unless of course theyre super rich and can reset like mating bunnies ne ways Icon_razz

Iduncare Wrote:-Healer
-Free all the time, but only usable once every 5 minutes
-Able to use all the time under level 40-60

for me personally, id rather be able to heal whenever i wan for a certain price, rather than wait every 5mins for a free one...but thats just me *shrugs*

Iduncare Wrote:Stalker/Rogue (note this is still JUST a suggestion)
-Able to use trans-class skills
(eg. rogue can use regular, and stalker can use both, I dont care so much, I just miss my stalker being able to use soul breaker/shield chain.)

umm...if this was to be implemented, then wad is the point of everyone picking a specific character to lvl so hard and be able to use in pvp/pvm/woe if there is 1 class that can just copy all of the skills that are sorta like rewards to those who have trained hard to become trans classes?

Iduncare Wrote:there aren't really any more that I've remembered, I don't want to be flamed on here x_o, just seeing if you guys think this is a good idea or not.

PS. all of these things were implimented on my old server, and they liked it there so I thought it might be nice to have them here.
interesting suggestions. altho i disagree with most/all of them, but fair nuff to give ur opinion :3
the point of the custom mobs is to have, well a hangout place for them, and some of them like the clocks or dark priests make it easier to level, im not saying these exact things should be implimented, but it might make life easier for those who cant play alot =/

and the reset master being so "cheap" isnt a bad thing, because you can test out more builds, and be able to change between woe/pvm/mvp/pvp a lot cheaper.

and the stalker/rogue copy skill. before trans classes, rogues could copy EVERY skill, which means if people chose a preist, a rogue could copy the skill they wanted from them. and if you chose a stalker, *in my opinion* you should be able to use ONE skill, of any class. it makes more options for a stalker, and makes them more original instead of just using "frost diver", full strip", then "backstabbing".

also, they arent always able to keep the skills, say a rogue doesnt have preserve. which makes them harder to keep the skills in pvp because they copy the last one used on them. stalkers have preserve, but some of them forget to use it every 5 minutes or so, or after they die.

and the healer thing, for example, if someone has like 5 characters 80+, and just goes into pvp killing people and being able to heal them after he dies, he can just change chars, kill someone then heal. if this was implimented he'd have a harder time doing this because of the time delay on the healer.
Iduncare Wrote:and the healer thing, for example, if someone has like 5 characters 80+, and just goes into pvp killing people and being able to heal them after he dies, he can just change chars, kill someone then heal. if this was implimented he'd have a harder time doing this because of the time delay on the healer.
It'd also prevent asura people from abusing that one single skill in PVP just coming in asura-ing you and logging back out, if they came for PVP they'd need to waste items to do the same crap they've done with the healer as it is =D

Only point of the suggestion I really see a bright side to....
Custom Mob Spawns
-bathory is already very accessible...
-15 clocks in one room is just easier training is it... Namin? does not see a point to this one, to be honest... might as well make a room of 70 pests Sweat
-Dark Priests... the only valid choice here, and that is because he is just totally removed within heRO right now. Namin? personally will not mind his original spawn of just 1 copy of him at all times back in Geffen4, just like the official server, to be honest...

The "play a lot" reason for any discussions in RO has been ironed out already as invalid (refer back to the Aldebaran discussions.) Seems that it is a common compromise and accepted by many players that stronger items on devoted players are a natural gift, while casual players obviously has fewer items.

Does not mind this specific healer suggestion, but then there is one small aspect that will be really in hurt, and that is DB room... Remember last time when Ms. Kamon made 500 DB spawns all cramped in one room? It took the whole server hours of *endless* Healer abuse just to clear out half of the room... and by whole server, it means most people who are in the 9x such as Mr. Cucu, Mr. ClouD and Ms. Kamon themselves, all who are respectable and powerful trans as well...

WoE will be more difficult as well, even for those who do not rely on SP draining skill such as Asura. Namin? does not mind this aspect of healer restriction, but someone will probably bring this up.

Also, is it technically possible to implement a timer like this?

Rogue/Stalker
-such implementation destroys the point of preserve, is it not? Many skills within RO are added simply for convenience sake... take the Alchemist Link
for example... it simply speeds up the tedious process of clicking the same thing over and over again... since it is so tedious, should the server add it so it automatically makes as many potion as material permits to save the alchemist the time? Namin? personally disagrees, as that is what the skill from the Soul Linker is for.

Likewise, Rogue faces the problem of lack of preserve to lose the skill... when training with Ms. Rei in Nif, she lost Trifecta plenty of times due to enemy using grimtooth. Such is the price to pay and perhaps, a motivating factor to be a Stalker to unlock Preserve instead... Preserve comes at a steep price of job points, so it is up to the stalker player's decision if the convenience is well worth the job points or not, and so on...

However, Namin? never played a stalker personally, and thus has no first hand experience with the skill itself. This is just purely theoretically by looking at things on paper, which is not necessarily reflective of the real situation...

Reset Master
-Namin? always loved the current steep, steep price that heRO has right now so that it cannot be easily abused like other servers, yet allow people to fix mistakes, or seriously consider switching build for a long period of time...

Interesting suggestions to consider...
Namine i think you need to read over my stalker/rogue suggestion >_>. it wasnt about preserve, it was about copying trans skills.

and it is possible to set a timer on the healer, all of these things came from my other server, and i miss all of them. D:

but bathorys arent as easy as you think they are to get to, a level 50 theif still has a hard time getting to them >_>

and the clocks, yeah it is for training, but 2 things: it is for easier leveling, it puts less people on seals and soils, even though this server isnt like 100+ people, and it makes it so that mage classes have more places to train (even though i havent tried them on this server, i remember training there til almost level 99 on my old server).

and i do feel that during woe, a sp class, like a monk/champ will have a harder time, but that also gives them the option of not using asura so much in WOE. ex. but an asura monk can just go in and asura over and over again.
Iduncare Wrote:Namine i think you need to read over my stalker/rogue suggestion >_>. it wasnt about preserve, it was about copying trans skills.

and it is possible to set a timer on the healer, all of these things came from my other server, and i miss all of them. D:

but bathorys arent as easy as you think they are to get to, a level 50 theif still has a hard time getting to them >_>

and the clocks, yeah it is for training, but 2 things: it is for easier leveling, it puts less people on seals and soils, even though this server isnt like 100+ people, and it makes it so that mage classes have more places to train (even though i havent tried them on this server, i remember training there til almost level 99 on my old server).

and i do feel that during woe, a sp class, like a monk/champ will have a harder time, but that also gives them the option of not using asura so much in WOE. ex. but an asura monk can just go in and asura over and over again.
I agree about the seals and soils... Everyone go at them, and sometimes it's pretty hard to lvl with everyone doing mob at them >_>;
(Specially when you'r lvling alone)

The timer at the healer is a good one too. Icon_smile
Don't like any of them aside from the Reset Master one. Namine is right that it shouldn't be able to abuse it like many of the other servers, however, in order to fix mistakes, I think that we should be given one cheap[er] reset, and then it's extremely costy after that [as it is set now]. :0;;

Maybe like, 1000x the sum of your base and job levels [Which usually adds up to over 100, or more] for your FIRST reset, and then what it is now for the later ones.

Another idea is for every reset that you do, you get an extra 1000x added to your sum [So like, first would be 1000x, second 2000x, third 3000x, etc]
that is a good suggestion ;o, on my old server, i did not reset very often, but most of the time i was too broke to reset anyways D:
Iduncare Wrote:Alright i have a bunch of suggestions that i might move to the polls section if enough of you think theyre worthwhile (note these are gust suggestions, if you dont think they should be implimented, or do post your reasoning here :D)

-Custom Mob Spawns:
-Bathorys in entrance to CT (bout 20-30)
-15 clocks in the 2nd floor of CT to spawn in one room.
-Dark Priests in the Glast Hiem map

-Reset Master
-10k per level after level 40, and 2x at reborn
(ex. a lvl 50 sinx would pay 100k for stat/skill reset)
(ex. a lvl 99 sin would pay 99k for stat/skill reset)

-Healer
-Free all the time, but only usable once every 5 minutes
-Able to use all the time under level 40-60

Stalker/Rogue (note this is still JUST a suggestion)
-Able to use trans-class skills
(eg. rogue can use regular, and stalker can use both, I dont care so much, I just miss my stalker being able to use soul breaker/shield chain.)

there aren't really any more that I've remembered, I don't want to be flamed on here x_o, just seeing if you guys think this is a good idea or not.

Gravity was the one who moved the bathroys to the basement so moveing them back to the second floor isnt likely to happen since panda likes to mirror the official RO as much as possible.

the clock suggestion reminds me of the one someone gave about moveing mantises off the soils map.. dont think that one will fly either.

Dark Priests.. meh .. dont remember what those are atm so no comment

reset master .. i like it the way it is and dont feel like going into details as to why

i dont like the healer idea at all for various reasons ill let other people point out(dont wanna type all that)

trans skills should never be able to be used by classes they werent intended for so thats a no to the copying them idea.( if thats even what you meant)
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's