heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: next questions!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
few more questions before i download!

do you have lord kahos horns on this server, if so what are stats?
do you guys have super quest items on this server?
how many of you would consider yourselves top tier?
annnd how old is this server?
No, we don't have nor plan to have SQI items. Godly items quest have been disabled as well. Our aim is to make this server balanced.

We have a lot of high level people who would probably consider themselves top tiers, but anyone who tries can make it to the top as fast as they are willing to spend energy for it I'd say.

The server will celebrate its second birthday in the fall, it opened october 15h 2005.

Please reply to this topic if you have more questions (don't make another, thanks).
hm, just curious why population is so low after two years.
are new players encouraged to join?

you ranked fairly highly for low rate servers on RMS.net
As a new player I would say that new players are definitely encouraged to join. I've only been playing for a week or so now, but I have felt very welcomed and I absolutely love this server. I've played on many other servers (of varying rates - from 5/5/3 all the way up to 4k/4k/25%) but have never enjoyed another server as much as I'm enjoying heRO. I encourage you to DL it and give it a shot.
We do our best to encourage players to join, the arrival or RMS was a blessing and we've been getting people from there a lot. Population is rising slowly but surely in the past few months, I don't consider it to be so low, of course depends what you compare it to (like that SQI server..)

If you decide to join, welcome on heRO ^_^ And if you like it, bring your friends!
The server has had it's problems, when the original GM team almost completly disbanded. At that time the population went down, but since then GM-Pandora as made a wonderfull job of bringing HeRO back and since then the population as been climing steadily. The biggest reason of why the population isn't as high as it could be is probably because there are lots of high lvl trans characters and new comers tend to be discouraged in WOE time, but a castle as been opened for such players that are starting on the server.

One castle in aldebaran is opened for only non trans non taekwon and it's branches to fight in it. Any class passed the 2-2 stage is automaticly kicked from the castle at beginning of woe and during the entire woe time.

The way the server works, is that everyone can become the best if they put effort in it and donating is made in a way that it gives a hand to start but won't allow someone just starting out of nowhere to be able to take down non donating players by the bucket load. In other words we don't donate high powered gear and we keep custom gear and features as balanced as possible.
New players are always welcomed.Icon_wink
hm alright.
well ive never donated before in my life, but ive played servers where many gears (not sqi) can be donated for. am on vacation right now for the next week, but might download your server when i get back..

thanks for all the info guys
Pleasure.
Reference URL's