heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Classic Rock, Psychedelic Rock, etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone here other than me like the classics?

And i'm not talking about Guns 'n' Roses but stuff like Blue Oyster Cukt, The Doors, The Who, Rush, Head East, Heart, Aldo Nova, Genesis, Journey, Emerson/Lake/and Palmer, etc.
I hate Genesis with a dark passion, Blue Oyster Cult i can do.
Do The Beatles count? <3
pink floyd on dimitri!
I do D: <3
You listen to the weird flutey stuff from back in the day.??=p

Then again, I listen to 70's rock: Pink Floyd, Clapton, Hendrix, Santana, Kansas, Lynyrd Skynyrd (I dare you to say that without a southern American accent =p), Black Sabbath, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Joan Jett, CCR, Styx, The Eagles, Jefferson Airplane, Queen, Sly & the Family Stone (I know; the Family Stone was funk, but theirs nothing wrong with a little funk in your mix.??Especially when it's done by the Family Stone.??No one does funk better. No1 ), Steve Miller Band, and, of course, Led Zeppelin.??\m/

BOC, The Doors, The Who, Genesis, and some Journey are good.??The rest I've never heard of or make me wanna shoot myself.??=D

You also can't rule out those who did not rock in the traditional sense, but still rocked in their own little ways.??Such nods go to the likes of Simon and Garfunkle or the Moody Blues.??No1

I think many of us can agree the decade thereafter sucked royally. Then again that immense vaccuum did produce some gems.
Everything that whispers said

Minus genesis, zeppelin, ccr, jett, petty, and jefferson airplane

Plus The Police, Bee Gees, stevie wonder, and Electric Light Orchestra
Minus Zeppelin? D: omg D: I mean, yeah, Robert Plant could have used less coke in concert, but it was music. Not that Soulja Boy crap nowadays referred to as "music" I mean music. The musical structure was just so intelligent and well-composed it warrants at least an acceptance of greatness. Led Zeppelin IV is 23x Platinum! o_o

On a side note - If Al Green wasn't a reverend he'd kick Soulja Boy's ass; and I'd be there egging him on. h8 Soulja Boy. >_<
Does Space Rock count???Hawkwind ftw!

It doesn't get much more psychedelic than some of Harvey Bainbridge's "concoctions" - I particularly like "Douglas in the Jungle"

Got Jack of Shadows from a Hawkwind song Whistle

I've also had a smattering of Porcupine Tree and Ozric Tentacles, both of which are at the very least "prog rock"

Don't listen to much "classic" rock.??Unless I can count stuff like Rumours by Fleetwood Mac, or Blue by Joni Mitchell.

I blame the parents Laugh
o.o

wow, Whispers.. you listen to pretty much everything i've been accumulating over the last year for my ipod... lol nice line up.

I also like the bee gees and police, but not too sure what that other stuff was...
Reference URL's