heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Trouble connecting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I need a GM or Technical help. My friend is having problems patching and running the game stable. It keeps crashing on him. I hear different things but not sure which is which. Is it b/c he has vista or something wrong with the client he downloaded? I redownloaded like 2-3 times and it's still giving him issues. Help to fix it plz!!!!!
This is the error he gets before crashing or sometimes no errors, just crashing.
[Image: error.jpg]
[Image: error2.jpg]

thanks
Vista has been known to cause problem, but some people run ro fine with it. Can he post a screenshot of his RO folder with the view > details.?
Hey. I'm pretty sure I figured out what the problem is, I just don't know how to fix it. I thought my Sakray was fully patched, but I ran it again just to make sure and it turns out it wasn't. However, it constantly crashes on the patch 2007-09-18sSakexe.rgz. So I downloaded the patches manually and put them in my RO folder. However, Sakray refuses to recognize that I downloaded 2007-09-18aSakexe.rgz, deletes the patch I put in my RO folder, and then crashes. I checked again and the patcher says that it "Failed to unpack" the patch. I'm not really sure what to do about it, and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Veli
I can give you my custom-patcher-that-never-crashes. However it's at my place and I won't be home for 10 hours o___o;;

You can try googling "Sakup", you just put it in your ro folder and run it like you're running sakray Icon_smile

Here Icon_razz http://files.filefront.com/Sakupexe/;738...einfo.html
Ok, here is his complete folder at one glance

[Image: folder4.jpg]

Here are the details of size and everything. We appreciate all the help we can get Icon_smile
[Image: Folder1.jpg]
[Image: Folder2.jpg]
[Image: folder3.jpg]
I don't see the pictures, I think geocities might not allowed outside linking to pictures. Try http://www.imageshack.us/ maybe ^_^
Delete or move all of the .rgz and .gpf files. Those are incomplete patches. Try repatching sakray. If it fails redelete the .rgz and .gpf files. Open the patcher and write down the first .gpf or .rgz that it tries to download. Then find that in the text files patch1, patch2, patch3 and so on. It should be in one of them. Uncomment all of the lines of whichever txt file it is in. Then try repatching. If it still doesn't work try commenting out all the lines in the patch txt files 2007-09-18sSakexe.rgz and before.
Ah I see them now.

If that fails you can also try the full folder, it's in the download section.

Also, can you open your data.ini, I wouldn't think it would be the problem since he/she got in game, but oddly in your screenshot the date says 2006 o_O

Also, check the size of your sdata.grf, I can't see it in the screeshots.
Yeah, not really sure why it is giving 2006 as the date, confused me to no end. Thinking Oh, and my sdata.grf size is 1,111,198 KB.
Can you post the content of your data.ini, just in case?

Do you still have your ro/sak install files?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's