heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: The Orange BOx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
figured id make my first post here about this game .. im not a Half Life player or should say i never took that route i got stuck on UT99 early on and followed it all the way to Ut3 Demo which is out right now .. about the orange box .. im pretty impressed with finding a FPS with a single player story line for a change .. the graphix are sweet with the 8600GT and and the environmental sound is nice .. i havent gotten very far at all due to work and all so i havent got a chance to play the other four games .. Team Fortress is real close to the UT weapons Factory mod i used to play heavily so im looking forward to playing that .. Steam is a whole new expeirence for me .. still dont quite understand how it is that you can log into it and download the game at a remote PC (the d*** thing installed out to 13gigs). teh framerates im not sure of but so far has been real smooth and fluid with no chop at all (still need to test that out in an intense firefight). So far im real pleased with it and would give it no less than an 8 out of 10. Its worth the $50 imo.on a side note i got the ut3 demo to run smooth on a geforce 6100
but omg it was the worse ugliest game ever.. the guns flickered nonstop.. you couldnt make out anything except vauge outlines of the vehicles in the vctf map .. it was funny because in the single player mode i still didnt experience any chop i just couldnt see anything lol.
I still wasnt real impressed with it on the 8600GT. I was expecteing more life like graphix and all i saw was the same ole crap except now its huge and overdetailed. At least the mini gun kills again.
Im not really sure what your talking about through this post since its mostly about UT. But since I am a hugh Valve fan I can help out with this whole "orange box". It comes with 5 games and 1 fun little pop cap game that isn't really needed but still fun for some reason. There is Half-life 2, Half-life 2 ep 1, Half-life 2 ep 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. All for around 50 bucks that probably the best deal ever. If your a half-life fan you will really enjoy episode 2 and if your not then play them all through since the game is insanely good and will meat your expectations. Team Fortress 2 greatly improves on the origional TFC and will more then likely having you play it for a good week straight if your a FPS fan at all. Portal on the other hand is completely origional and new. If you havn't heard about it or even know what it is thats ok, there hasn't been a person yet that didn't enjoy this game. Basicly the whole idea for this game is you make 2 portals and you can walk back and forth between them. This may seem like a basic idea but what you can do with it is endless. Even though the play time is only around 6 hours on average you will have not wasted your time at all. If you don't know why you should buy the Orange Box then get it for Portal and you will have thanked yourself later and will end up having a lot of fun with the other games included as well.
Yeah! Orange Box for the win! Portal was the funniest game I've ever played in my life, probably. TF2 was also amazing. If I hadn't have joined this server I would still be playing it on a regular basis. Sweat

As for the Half-Life games, I really enjoy the storyline as well as the excellent gameplay. If you haven't tried them yet, they're a must. The storyline will suck you in if you don't mind being kept in the darkness a bit. The whole "shrouded in mystery" thing just makes me love the games more. Trust me, they're keepers. Icon_wink
[Image: glados_screens_cakeandutencil004.png]
ITS A LIE
I played Narbacular Drop, as well as many many custom maps, and found that Portal was quite a let down personally(made by the same people btw). The game was entirely too easy, but I am most definitely looking forward to more map/mods for the marvelous physics engine. I <3 the concept/game, but the campaign was so sad T_T.
I might have to look into Narbacular Drop sometime. Seems interesting :o
Reference URL's