heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Skin color
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not even sure if there is a way to implement this, but why do we always gotta be the white dude? Not everyone that plays RO is white. D:

Furthermore, seeing as to how this is practically an anime-based game, why not various other skin colors as well? xD

Anywho - yeah, that cam to me before bed the other night. Probably impossible to implement, but if not it's something worth considering. No1
...Puppies.
It's not impossible but it's kind of a pain to do. You see the face part goes with the hair, and the rest of the skin with the body. So to make a new skin tone would require doing ALL the hairstyles + a body palette.
Yeah, and I'm sure you'd have to script everything as well so that if/when they decided to change hairstyles or colors i won't revert them to a white person. =/

If I didn't have a job I'd devote my next week or so to makin the sprites if you'd actually put em in, but alas - I make money. Damn you, money! Damn you. xp

Oh well, I doubt anyone will lose all hope if this is never implemented. It's not like people come on here nd call it racist - it was made in Korea! xD

Anywho, on a side note - and I won't make this a new post since it's just silly, but a REALLY good idea if it were implemented. Hats, face stuffs, and wings are great; but wouldn't it be awesome if equipping armour changed your clothes? Imagine custom armours that change the way your character looks, like equipping a dress or tux. I could see people walking around in the most prominent of anime attire.

Imagine Sesshoumaru walking around looking like this: [Image: sesshoma.gif] xD

I can see Vash the Stampede or Spike armours for gunslingers. It would be really neat to be Vash the Stampede in RO. =3 Especially if it gave Vash-like stats. <3

Anywho, there's another one for someone's sprite-makin approval. No1
Reference URL's