heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Hi,I'm new and have a few questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

I've been playing ragnarok since its inception from iro to [other ro servers]. I'm kind of fed up of [last server] due to the management of the server, the ridiculous items that can be attained via donating ( IMO is just as bad as botting ), bad manners of certain players in the community (especially in pvp), the spoiled market due to donations and the lack of custom content which i've seen from all the ROs i've played.

When i found out about this server and read up a little on it, i was excited to see custom content, small and seemingly nice community, game version is updated and also have hopes that it is not as spoiled as [previous server]. I feel like migrating to another server and am considering this one.

My questions before i do are;

1) How do donations effect the game overall in this server? Are godly items easily accessible by it?
2) How is the economy like?
3) Are the GMs active in catching cheaters, botters etc?
funkyfly Wrote:Hi all,

I've been playing ragnarok since its inception from iro to cro to mro and now animaro. I'm kind of fed up of animaro due to the management of the server, the ridiculous items that can be attained via donating ( IMO is just as bad as botting ), bad manners of certain players in the community (especially in pvp), the spoiled market due to donations and the lack of custom content which i've seen from all the ROs i've played.

When i found out about this server and read up a little on it, i was excited to see custom content, small and seemingly nice community, game version is updated and also have hopes that it is not as spoiled as animaro. I feel like migrating to another server and am considering this one.

My questions before i do are;

1) How do donations effect the game overall in this server? Are godly items easily accessible by it?
2) How is the economy like?
3) Are the GMs active in catching cheaters, botters etc?

The reward for donating is obbs, opbs, ocas and bloody branches. In other words, even if you donate, you have to be lucky to actually get something good. Even then, there are other custom quests where you can get the same items. Namely, fishing.

I'm not really sure how to rate the economy of a video game. It's easy to make money, and most people would rather make a trade than sell an item. Hopefully that answers the question somewhat.

There is a bot check everyday as far as I know. We have had very few cheaters here, in my opinion.

Considering where you come from, you're sure to like heRO. I warn you, though, that it's taboo round here to mention other servers.

Anyway, welcome, if you decide to stay! Whistle
1. Quite honestly I have never seen donation effect the server greatly. Perhaps to those who donate hundreds of dollars willl have a few bonuses. Looking at the donation prizes nothing too overpowered, simple things that can be obtained on every day basis. As for the matter of god items, there is, as of right now, quite literally no one aside from a GM who has a god item. We don't have the quest for making god items, although the GM's have offered to make us said god item if we ever manage to complete the quest.

2. The economy is fairly balanced, not too hard or easy to make money. With the option of @autotrade, despite being a small server, allows for a good number of merchants. Fishing/Mining also take into effect for easy cash if you take the hours of time needed to put into it.

3. As far as I can tell often. I notice the jail/ban list updated nearly weekly as they deal with botters/etc. Even temporary bans(for things like cussing on @main) on the older players have been into effect, so the server definitely doesn't play favorites with who they get rid of.

Edit : Ick xD Someone posted before me, oh well
Oops sorry about mentioning the name of that server. Hm...things are looking up so far. I hope to hear from other players.

I really like the @autopickup function and hp display for the monsters. The mining and fishing options are interesting too. Thumbs up for hero server.
I have replyspeed (rspd) maxed out at 190 >:O you cant beat me! Evil
Welcome ^_^

I hope you will like heRO. Thanks for not mentionning other servers anymore, it's not a huge deal but naming other server is considered advertising (although I know you werent, considering what you said Icon_biggrin)

As others mentionned, we don't have a single godly item so far. Godly NPC were removed, but we did say we would make them if someone gathered all the items for it (which drop from castles mostly), so far no one has.

Sadly we do get bots, like every server.. we try to hunt them as much as we can.
Hi Pandora, I've decided to give this server a try. I'm currently downloading the latest kro version which is a whopping 1.17gb T_T. It's going to take awhile given the current speed i'm getting.

See you guys and gals soon
IMO the economy here isn`t too great. I think the inflation is way too high. But apart from that, everything on this server is great just don`t expect to be able to buy much unless ya got MILLIONS
A lot of basics in the economy range from 50k-300k, the only things that will cost millions are the .03 drops such as cards. In my opinion, it's completely understandable to have say a swordfish card range at 4mil for the simple fact that people have to kill thousands to get one. Despite the millions range in the economy, you can easily make 150k a trip, once you reach the 70s level(a lot of times even lower) on a class that opts to not use potions constantly.
depends what the card is and what purpose it serves. But I still think a lot of things are overpriced. Hence why I just end up hunting them
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's