heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Couple Ideas...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know it's not a good idea for a newbie to post suggestions or anything like that but I've got a few anyways.

Devil Warper Chikken - On my old server we had this chicken NPC in some of the bigger towns that would warp you to various hotspots in that town. For example, in prontera there was a chikken in the square, each exit, the church, the knight guild and the old swordman guild and you could traverse between them freely via the chikken. It was a nice feature and I've been spoiled by it so hoofin' it across prontera is a moderately daunting task for me. I can understand if you wouldn't want to implement anything like this, though.

@mobsearch - @mobsearch was extremely nice for MVP hunts or mobbing in general...especially if it's a competitive community who kills MVPs frequently. I sure do hate going to eddga's map and fighting ninetails for twenty minutes only to find out he's not up -____-

HP/SP weight limit thing - Another random feature from my old server where your hp/sp still recovered up until you hit sixty or so percent on your weight limit. This was nice but nothing too big, I suppose.

Well, those appear to be the only three I can think of right now but I've also got a quick question. How functional are star gladiators? I mean, do their skills crash your client? I remember back in the day on my old server a couple of the skills would crash your client...it was very troublesome -____-

Addendum: @die - allows you to effectively commit suicide on the spot. It's very nice for certain RP situations as well.
chikken: walk, lol
search: im up for it
weight limit: one word: fish
I don't like any of the suggestions, I am sorry.

MVP's should be seeked as they are, not use a command to see if they are up or down. Going to the spot to find out is the way as it should be.

The Weight Limit thing, I like how it's currently.

And the chicked, nobody is hurt to walk a little lol.
I agree with Lovelesss. MVP should be seeked and eliminated /gg. Knowing where it is ruins the point of having mvps in field....why not just put them all in a room if thats going to be the case. As for the weight limit, dont carry a lot? lol FINALLY for @die wouldnt you lose exp anyways, if youre going to do that why dont you just go get killed by a monster...same thing. But then again, the Butterfly Wing was invented in 1844 A.D. and its very effective. : )
@mobsearch doesn't tell you where they are, it tells you how many are alive on the map you're currently on.
I didn't said the command tells you where they are, if it tells you when they alive or not that's already more than enough. I think it wouldnt be good to have that on game.
I actually think the @mobsearch thing should be made. I'm not backing him up because he's a friend of mine or anything, so don't get the idea that I am. I think it is a good idea because I remember times when I have gone places, used @mobsearch to be certain the monster was alive and then STILL had to search all over the place for it. It's just convenient. Imagine you wander around a map for half an hour and find nothing. That's not killing the fun or the experience, that's just annoying.

Plus, @die is pretty convenient. More convenient then you would think, at least. Being able to die on the spot makes life much easier. Imagine you're in the middle of a place with all low-level monsters and you have no Wings on you. @die is a nice solution. Besides that, @die is a nice roleplay tool.
Jasper implied that that's what the command did, As for carrying less. When I go out on a farming adventure I tend to stay there for several thousand kills. I'm talking four to six thousand kills. Having to stop, return to town to kafra my loot then return to the mob scene because I'm a magician and rely on SP gets a little daunting. That ten to fifteen percent of weight limit is really useful and helps a lot sometimes.

For @die, I never said I'd use it on the field. I hate losing a percent of xp, I basically wanted to be able to use it while I'm chillin' in town for RP scenarios I do with my buddies.
The mobsearch command only works on the map you're currently on.

Say I walk onto the map south of Prontera and type @mobsearch pupa

It returns:
Mobsearch... pupa on prt_fild0x
1 Pupa
2 Pupa
3 Pupa
4 Pupa

Although if I type @mobsearch garm on the same map I would get..

Mobsearch... garm on prt_fild0x
no monster garm found

So yeah, all it does is eliminate looking on that particular map only to find out it isn't there. If it DOES say it's up, you're still looking for half an hour just to find where it is T_T

It's a very small convenience, and can cut a two hour fruitless ordeal into either a 5 minute fruitless one or a one hour fruitful.

If it WERE to be implemented, I would highly recommend removing the code that shows co-ordinates. iRO has @mobsearch as far as I remember, but it shows co-ordinates.

Oh, @die would be useful. I kills you when typed. Nice convenience if you forget butterfly wings like I do sometimes.
Reference URL's