heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Novice Potion Farming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I say you should ban anyone who does this.

It's abusing peoples privileges to make multiple accounts with characters, and/or just making chars getting the potions, deleting chars and starting over.

It's not good for the server, because there are people who sell the cheap fish who can make some (not a lot) of money off of novices with little cash. Heck, thats why guppies exist!
Namin? has 1000+ novice potions, and only came to the conclusion that they are only "abusable" to very low extents... They weigh far less, but they simply cannot heal fast enough even if Namin? presses the hotkey for novice potion nonstop eventually. Against wolves they are certainly efficient for Namin?'s merchant, but once it gets to metaling and orcs... it has to be guppy or else it is just not spammed fast enough to overcome the damage.

Before jumping the gun if this is imbalance or not, is this allowed on official servers? Official servers have a hot liking to selling/buying/making red potions, and if novice potions are available there as well at nearly infinite amount, then perhaps it is not really a problem is it~?
ah

I almost said that Namine, good point.

I don't know if it's allowed, last I checked, it wasn't.
Let's verify this first before thinking about banning/restricting novice potions then~ ^_^;

(Not to mention, red herbs and red potions themselves will be forever useless due to guppies, which itself is already considered useless. However, it only impacts the lower/early end of gameplay so really not much of a concern in Namin?'s opinion. If it is related to selling the guppies/red potions, then Namin? will simply say, "go mine instead, pyo~")
This is not official.
Namin? is going to stand by her initial point of view how it has such a low impact on both gameplay and the economy that it really is not worth the GMs to "fix" instead of other urgent things like remaking Porings into a white and black sphereical object for kicking purposes Icon_biggrin

The effects of novice potion is simply so... minimal that even trying to abuse it takes a bit of effort, and that the abuse is rather extremely limiting...

With the recent waves of new players who all asked at one point or another on how to assemble the fishing rod, Namin? is doubtful that players have a difficulty in receiving the proper healing item for training (at the low levels, at least), and that they have to go rely on novice potions/abuse of it to train... Guppy supplies are so sufficient as it is.
At one point in the leveling process, novice potions become more of a hindrance than not, as stated by Namin?, even if you hot key them, they don't heal enough for the pain the monsters inflict.
I think this is a non issue. Icon_wink
What everyone said, it is a little abusive, but really can only be used at very low level, people grow out of the red pot phase rather fast usually and move on to needing either no healing items or better healing items ^_^;

On a side note: Curse Loki and his Soccer that has rendered a few ppl rather single minded!
I personally don't see this as a problem with novice potions at all really. They can help you lvl a lot more quickly at a lower lvl but they just don't cut it against a bit harder enimies then wolves.

This does take away a bit from fishing though the equipment you need to do that is to hard to get anyways so there doesn't seem like a problem here really. Only that guppies are used by extra characters or given to low lvl's since theres no eason to buy them really.
Namin? never considered fishing to be an easily accessed option until the slightly higher level of 50 or higher. True that parasites are extremely evil against some classes at that level, but there is a rather steady market, or even helpful people who will sell/give out the tougher items of the fishing quest for free. Lately there are a fair amount of new heRO players and they all seem to be rather successful in receiving help for it through the @main chat.

Guppies are more annoyance than of actual use to Namin? (even though she used them for merchants back then), and thus the attractive nature of the advanced fishing spot: no guppies~

GM-Pandora Wrote:On a side note: Curse Loki

Solution to heRO-poverty, lack of cards, gears and the meaning of life Whistle
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's