heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Random Monster Invasions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all its Fates Icon_biggrin, with another suggestion. I?m wondering if we could ever add Random Monster Invasions, why you might ask. Its a RP server meaning we have a story characters and plots that must created. My honest opinion is that with monster invasions it would sort of force those on server to defend there favorite towns and ignore those they don?t. For Example. *Payon is under attack all available heroes defend it at once* *Fates- SPIRE! NYUU! BLACKTHORN! LYN! JACK! lets roll!!*
*climatic battle* Payon is saved! but if for instanced we died or weren?t on or no one bothered to help. we can have some sort of downside, like the npcs are injured thus cant be used for a day. There are always at least 10 players (i mean who are willing to help) online. and make it random so one day it might happen 3 times it also might not happen for 2 weeks. Thus allowing no one to be able to predict it adding to the Excitement.

This also opens up options. Like with the Plant Invasion certain Invasions of GM's choice may lead to things happening. A invasion could happen in ToH. Everyone has a massive choice save prontera (the main and most important town) (Icon_biggrin wont someone think of the merchants) or continue with ToH. Might become a part of the storyline a great force that interrupts even a Hero Trial. Or when we catch up to Episode 12 we can use I invasion by Dark Lord or Baphomet to set off why morroc was destroyed.No1

Enother good reason is that people spend a lot of time getting items equips, 200 plus hours myself ><, and it would be nice that every once in a while we put our skills, teamwork and items to the test to defend something important. Not only that but so far HeRO doesnt have the biggest PVP community (besides ToH of corse) so it sometimes feels slow when you gotta wait a month just to get everyone in one area showing of their talent.

Ok I think that?s it lol, wow most I have written on a forum in a while um hope you consider it. Icon_biggrin

P.S this have nothing to do with the fact i would at some pint run into the fight yelling "Dont worry Fates the Mighty is here!!" then explode via Meteor Storm or other such big bang.Laugh

P.P.S I apologies now for all spelling and grammar mistakes.
I like the idea. Any event is good for me, but it doesn't depend on us, it depends on the gm's. They have their lives, and they can't be avaliable all day.

But it's a good idea Fates. Gratz.
woot yay me Icon_biggrin, i have no expirence with Ragnaroks Programing and such but im wondering if it would be possible to make rag do a sorta auto Invasion?
this reminds me of the time before when thanatos invaded izlude. Oh god that was fun. Sure the gms gave us a pity asura strike, but we eventaully downed him.
Thanks for suggestion Icon_biggrin

We already have town invasion events sometimes, but I assume you mean something automated ?

It's not impossible to do, just would take some time to script.

There are lots of cool thing we could have on heRO, but eventually it comes down to.. yeah GMs having lives and not necessarily having time to make it all happen. I have a gallion ideas for quest, but not enough time to make them all. Updates need time too, and just managing the offenses reports, answering questions, svn phases and all. In the end, well we do what we can with the time we have ^_^ (And we're not slaves either, sometimes we just wanna play too!) Wish I could quit my day job and work on server full time, but I got an apartment and bills to pay Icon_wink
sweet, well hopefully in a few months ill just bring this up again and see if we have time to implement it or not. Im gonna go research the Scripting for this a little bit.
They use to have this sort of Thing on kRO and iRO but it stopped after Amatsu and the other places came out. Which was really sucky. Don't know why they stopped it but it was done.

It was things like arch-angeling turning up to attack out side Pront with Incubus and Succubus along side and some times it would be other Bosses and very rarely MvPs would attack.

It was all very fun and I hope you can do something like this Icon_biggrin
Reference URL's