heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: PVP Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That was mostly just to get attention. This IS a PVP question, but not directly about PVP.

1) Would anyone be interested and 2) Would it be allowed:

A player-hosted PVP tournament with prizes. I haven't worked out the details, but I've run events like this in other games (Infantry Online, Guild Wars, Neverwinter Nights) that I've played. It would be a series of PVP fights in a bracket style fight most likely. Rules will be developed later. Most likely it would greatly resemble the PVP section of ToH, only instead of getting ToH prizes at the end of a long single event, you would get either items or cash (determined later) at the end of a long series of small events (not all done on the same day, so more people can participate).

I would be willing to host/organize this. There would be an entry fee (to supply prizes, and I might take a small cut off the top if I can since it will take extra effort to organize this whole thing), but I would not enter. The prizes would be determined by the number of participants. If this is a popular idea, I might start supplying real rares when I have them. Icon_biggrin

I'm not sure of all the details yet, and I want to know if there is interest and if it is allowed before I follow through on this. Feedback would be appreciated.
Beware of one thing though: fish.

Namin? will imagine how rules are established for fish can be rather tough to handle... there is already a very heated debate on the fish's balance (or lack of) for the game. They also have no animation, so it is hard for a player-judge to decide if anyone is using a forbidden fish, or using more fishes than they should.

So take that into consideration Mr. Azure~

(if this is going to work out, Namin? will not mind helping out with some prizes if the need arises~)
Yea, I totally forgot about fish... hrm... true, there's really no way to know if people are using them or not - and at the same time they would make 1v1 duels last forever!

I'll think of something I'm sure. Not sure what, exactly, but something will come to me - I'm sure.

Thanks for the support Namine. I'd invite you to join, but I know you don't really do PVP Icon_biggrin
I wouldn't mind participating in a informal pvp tournament in the future Icon_biggrin

I'm certain it's also not against the rules as even in the event forums, it even shows directions on how to run a player made Werewolf event. The only thing I can think of the GMs freaking over would be scamming since there will be entry fees to supply the prizes. Although, we don't have to worry about that on HeRO right? Icon_wink
you could always have the people fighting in a party with others whom can monitor if their hp is going up instead of down, sure fire way to see, hey ma, this guys using fish!~
I have no problem if players want to host events, but yeah, keep them fair, no scamming of course. And you can put restrictions in terms of levels and such, but don't do any discrimination however.
Thanks Pandora.

@ Jack - Good idea with the fish thing. Yea, we could have referees of some kind, I suppose.

More details to follow.
just make two seperate parties hosted by two ref's who will watch both players health as they fight
Reference URL's