heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: d20 Ragnarok Online?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently been thinking about figuring out some way to turn RO into a fun d20 game. I was just wondering if there are any avid players that know of or would like to contribute to the cause.

I figure it'd be mostly like D&D with choosing which classes are closest to RO characters and then figure out a job point system to put the varying degrees of job classes to work.

For example...
Envenom - Does(Weapon+Int+1d(SkillLv)) of damage per attack. Save DC to be poisoned (Which would emulate wounds in D&D) is damage.
I've done a lot of work with the d20 system (as well as some d6 and d10 based systems) over the years. I'd be willing to help here and there - but I'm rather busy with finals / thesis paper right now. Get back to me in a week or two Icon_biggrin
No problem, just a thought I've been kicking around in my mind. (I've also been secretly wielding imaginary katars around work, listing off BAB attacks for Assassins, then using Sonic Blow, Yeah, Nostalgia hit me hard.)

I was thinking RO would work better off of a power point system. You would get skill points, saves, bab, etc. like normal, but you also gain 5 "Job Points" a level, with each skill available in d20 form. Most skills would essentially be Spell-like effects that cost PP.

HP and SP will probably recover on minutely bases, determined by CON and INT modifiers.

I was planning on the base classes having 10 levels, with the last 10 for the 2nd jobs. Novice would be a base class and would focus more like the "role" classes discussed in Complete Arcane? (Not 100% sure, if not it's in Unearthed Arcana)

Sadly rebirths probably wouldn't make it quite yet, but it would be nice.

This is all I can really think of for now, any other input would be nice.
Sounds nice. Transing could be a job upgrade when you reach level 10, involving something to do to prove their worth, like druids in D&D I think?
Heh, It'd finally give a good story to RO, Nice idea Pandora!

I just really have to figure out how to keep everything balanced, and keep it extremely fun, but more powerful if you get my gist.

I guess instead of gods, you get GMs? Get domain spells based on your patron GM.

Steal-Make a melee attack adding your DEX modifier on the roll, you do damage normally, and the target makes a DC (Damage) spot check to notice that they feel a bit less unencumbered. Skill ranks add to the DC of the spot check. Slight of hand only adds as a synergy bonus(+2 for every 5 ranks), as attacking and stealing at the same time is quite difficult.
Oh My God I just saw this post!

Sounds like a sweet idea, But you need to keep balance in mind when you make it.

You might want to take a look at a d20 system called B.E.S.M. (Big eyes small mouth) Which is an anime version of D&D, This system used a point buy leveling system with each stat point at 1/2 point per cost. The system is a little hard to balance, but once you figure it out its kinda cool. It comes with its own custom classes and advice how to create your own. This system tears the realism out of D&D however it makes for very fun experiences.

And honestly if someone shanked me, and took something while they did it, it would be very hard not to notice. so perhaps DC (Dmg-5)

Even then a crippling strike that would deal 25 damage with a save DC of 20 would still be easily do-able by a racial modifier of 8 that most monsters get.

Edit: About the Job point system. If you merely gave the Classes the ability as they leveled the same as D&D does, that should help balance the job idea of it. EX: (LV:2 Evasion -> Hiding)
lol this just makes me want to use RPG Toolkit!
I've looked at BESM, and it seems quite unblanced in my opinion, but then again absolutely everything is unbalanced in the game, so it balances out?

Anyways, my ideas for skills are weak little ideas I thought during an RO withdrawal mode. My time has been tweaking an awesome Vampire Hunter for Shadowrun 4th Edition.

I got a few stills written up, mostly for thieves though since I never was a master in anything else.

Well, In real life, you don't see huge warriors hulking around 20lb swords and swinging them easily either. I decided that with Steal would just add a bonus based on the job points.

As for the job point system, you gain 5 points a level, and you can raise skills up to your level. If feels like RO in a way, and while it isn't the most elegant method for it, it works.

Once I finish thief I may come back to HeRO and level up normal characters. It shouldn't take me that long to reach second class anyways. X_x

Suggestions are always welcome.
Reference URL's