heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Noobie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all, im not really a noob i used to play this back in the day but i thought id play again. But i'm new to HeRO lol

I got a question 1st before anything:

I dloaded, installed RO and Sakray, fully patched it, dloaded heRO and patched, and when i click on START, it says:

"This application has failed to start because binkw32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

and i did it, but.....still gives me the same error. Can anyone help me with this please?
Hmm.. this isn't going to help your problem.. cuz.. this is my own problem.. lol I'm not too new to RO, been playing for a while. And I like to play on multiple servers. But lately none of them work. I get to the loading screen, and the game freezes, and I'm forced to restart my computer. I've been able to close the process out a few times, and the only thing wrong was that the client wasn't responding. But, it's doing this with every server I play on.
Hiya and welcome ^_^

If you installed RO and Sak you should have the binkw32.dll where your RO + heRO are installed. Usually default folder is c -> program files -> gravity -> ro

When installing the heRO patch, make sure to specify the right folder if your RO files are not default folder.

Otherwise if for some odd reason you do not have this DLL, you can download a DLL pack in this post:
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=2097
Just scroll down or search "dll" you'll find the link.

If you still encounter problem just let us know Icon_smile
Welcomes Icon_biggrin

As to zanias' problem, if you're trying to get multiple servers to run, keep them in separate RO folders. Doing that usually fixes most problems surrounding this kind of thing, because servers have a tendency to overwrite files needed for other servers...not that it's usually applied to loading screens o.O
Lol, I've had that problem many times. Icon_biggrin

When you are running the application (in this case heRO-server), make sure you run it from the same folder where all your other RO related files are put. Your RO folder should also have binkw32.dll so it should be able to run properly. :]

I tried running RO from my desktop but it wouldn't run because of that problem.
I make a new folder for each new server I play on. I keep a clean folder of KRO to copy whenever I feel like trying out a new server. I'm goin to get a new KRO

Uhhh, lol. I got the new KRO, and it errors halfway through the update, I guess the download was corrupt?
Yeah i got a diff problem now lol it gives me a Windows XP Setup window, it says:

"Please go to the Control Panel to install and configure system components"

Why is that??
O.o Can your system handle RO?
Try running setup.exe in your RO folder, it should create registry file and might solve the problem.

If not post a pic of your RO folder.

If your computer can run XP, it can run RO normally, unless you installed XP on a dinosour comp Icon_wink
I'm sittin here at my friend's house. I show him RO, and he likes it, so I brought it over on my external hard drive. We copy the HeRO folder over, and I ask him to drag HeRO.exe over to the desktop to shortcut it.

when we run the executable we get a missing binkw32.dll error. What was wrong was that we cut the hero.exe out of the folder, removing it from the rest of the file.

So basically, make sure all the files are there, and it should work just fin ;D
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's