heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Sage Guide(GOOD For WOE and LVLIN)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Frist off This is my frist time I made a Guide for someone(S)
Second Tell me what you thank Icon_wink

Status Build For Sage Should be

99 Int
99 Dex

After Rebirth to(prof) you should get 99 int/dex and you should have 100 Extra points(Correct me if im wrong) and put thouse in vit(more HP yay)

Equipment and Card List
Headgear (TOP) : Morpheus's Hood Or whatever you want intell you can get the hood.
Heaggear (MID) : Whatever you want
Headgear (BOTTOM) : Whatever you want
Armor: Slotted Armor or Robe of Cast
Left Hand:Arc Wand[1]
Right Hand: Guard [1]
Robe/Garment:Slotted Garment/ Morpheus's Shawl??
Accessory: Clip [1] Or Morpheus's Ring??
Accessory: Clip [1] Or Morpheus's Bracelet

Cards:
Headgear (TOP) :Mistress Card( Not Needed(Nothing Realy i find useful)
Heaggear (MID) : Not Needed(Nothing Realy i find useful)
Headgear (BOTTOM) : Not Needed(Nothing Realy i find useful)
Armor: Agav Card in Slotted Armor
Left Hand: Andre Larva Card In Slotted Arc Wand
Right Hand: Andre Egg Card In Slotted Guard
Robe/Garment: Punk Card in Slotted Garment
Accessory: Siroma Card In Clip
Accessory: Imp Card In Clip

Skills:
Mage

Increase SP Recovery Level??10??(Get this Maxed 3rd)
Sight Level??1??(Get this 4th)
Cold Bolt Level??9 (Second to Last)
Frost Diver Level??10??(Get This Maxed 2nd)
Fire Bolt Level??10??(Get this Maxed 1st)
Lightning Bolt Level??9 (Last)

Sage
Advanced Book Level??5??
Cast Cancel Level??1??
Magic Rod Level??1??
Spell Breaker Level??5??
Free Cast Level??10??(Get this As Quick as possibull all other skills in any order you want)
Flame Launcher Level??2??
Frost Weapon Level??2??
Lightning Loader Level??2??
Volcano Level??3??
Deluge Level??3??
Violent Gale Level??3??
Land Protector Level??5
Dispell 5

NOTE: After you get all sage skills listed THEN 2 Skill Points are left you can Finsh Maxing Cold and Thunder bolt or what ever you chose.

Frist Job 49/49
Second 49/49

Note: DO NOT Change into A Sage Before Job LVL 50 Trust me on this

What A Card Does if you didnt know:

Imp Card
Reduce Casting Time of Fire Bolt by 25%. Inflict 25% more damage with Fire Bolt.

Siroma Card

Reduce Casting Time of Cold Bolt by 25%. Inflict 25% more damage with Cold Bolt.

Note On Siroma and Imp Cards:
im not sure if there 100% working on this server but they work well if you can get them.(siromas are in Ice Dun)

Andre Larva Card:
INT + 1
Maximum SP + 10

Mistress Card
Null Gemstone useage for skills that use Gemstones.(again as i said not needed but will save on zeny Kinda hard to get so uhhh not need)

Andre Egg Card
Maximum HP + 5%

Punk Card
Add a 5% chance of auto casting Level 1 Quagmire around the user when the user receives Physical Damage.
If the user has mastered the skill at Level 5, it will cast Level 5 Quagmire.
[Clock Tower Manager, Alarm & Clock Card Combo]

Note: thank about it Quagmire= Slow Move and attack speed for them plus Cannecls Incress Agi

=How you will do if you can get ALL cards and Equipment=

Knights: If you have a priest with you then you should Win if not you should do ok if you have the complete Morpheus set.just depends on if Quagmire actives or not Your Casting Speed is the Key
Crusaders: If they try to Graind Cross you if you have time use Spell Breaker and try and bash there freaking head in with your staff.(you will most likely lose if they use heal though 1% Chance of Winning)
Wizards:Spell Breaker them and hit them or whatever make your own Stragey
Sages: No comment lol
Priests: PWND need i say more even if they have KE/Silence skills dont worrie you should be aboul to kill them after like 4 hours just depends on who runs out of SP frist
Monks: Your boned Why Asura Strike(if its fast enough)but even if Asura Fails them they can still beat you into the ground.
Rogue: You do So/So with them
Assassin: uhhhh -looks away from your dead body-
TK: Not sure
SG: Not sure
Soul Linker: HAHAHAHAHA you should have no problems with them
Gunslinger: Not sure

Well How do you like my Guild I hope you guys like it Icon_wink
Ok, this is what I would put on a Sage:

SAGE STATS & EQUIPS (Unbuffed)

[Image: sage1ym6.png]

SAGE SKILLS

[Image: sage1skillsci1.png]

Equips are easy to get, and it's a good stat/skill build, at least I like it, it's an overall good one, for everything.

I have to go AFK now, when I come back I give you the Professor one.
99 dex maybe, but at the sage point perhaps there is no need for 99 int. It should probably be lowered a bit for a small amount of vit so that at least the sage won't die on a single touch...

Lower headgear really can be gangster mask. Anything that resist mute is nice. Green Potion may heal it off, but that's 1 second wasted (along with using up a precious green pot and the sage can't carry that many items along already.)

Left hand should be a Survivor's Rod (dex version) [1] with drop cards for more dex. Refine it to say, +7 or higher for maximum benefits with Survivor's Manteau if the sage manage to get one. Even if the sage is using morpheus combo instead, really the weapon can do better than arc wand[1]...

Namin? has no idea why the shield is not a thara frog in it... not to mention, thief bug egg gives more hp for the sage unless the sage has natural hp of 6000 or more (don't remember the number off the top of head, but it's something around there.)

Slightly insulted even though Namin? does not pvp, how this guide makes SL a pushover... SL is by no way a guarantee win for the sage. SL's reflect ability and the sage's spellbreaker can both spell the doom for the other, and dispel doesn't work for SL buffs so dispel can't get rid of the nasty reflect. Leap can get out of the Quagmire relatively easy compare to other classes. The only thing SL is terribly weak to is stone curse, which can be overcome with equipment if it's really clear that this boils down to SL vs Sage. It all comes down to who got the better skill and timing the spells against each other in a SL vs Sage. Both has just as high chance of winning against the other.

(likewise, it's also not doing sages a very good justice to say, a sage can never defeat a sin either according to this guide... natural disadvantage yes, but manageable with quagmire/heaven's drive against the cloak. Probably still easier than against the archer class, who aren't even mentioned in this guide at all o_O)
And this is my Professor!

PROFESSOR STATS & EQUIPS (Unbuffed)

[Image: professor1ff7.png]

PROFESSOR SKILLS

[Image: professor1skillsni8.png]

And well. This would be my sage, if I ever would create one in the server.

Hope the time I spent making this help you decide, or at least get other ideas. Mage classes DONT NEED to go with the topics of 99 int and 99 dex. Hybrids are the way to go in WoE.
If you want to level just a sage to prof very fast *most likely you will want to do this because profs are overall just 10x more useful in woe than a sage* you will want 99 dex, don't matter what build you are, unless you are just trying to hit a breakpoint of 110 dex or so *without bless* I mean to me being able to cast and support as fast as possible, with dispel and Landprotector or spell break or that Heaven's Drive one...yah you want to be fast.

Anyway, for fast leveling a sage you will want 100 int as fast as possible, 110 int possibly if you can, and get that dex high, don't worry about health, the idea is not to get hit anyway when leveling a sage. Then get Thunderstorm 7-10 and go mob Rachael Sanctuary or whatever when you hit 85 or so.

Anyway Loveless, Goibne's set isn't that powerful for a Prof, the Frigg's Circlet Combo is a much better option and eats up less slots. This also allows you to put up a Survivor's Rod+Mant combo, truly maximizing defense for the hardcore prof or sage player.

Anyway here's my equips, I don't wanna get into builds too much cause I feel that is something you sorta haveta figure out on your own over time...

[Image: ProfStats.png]

With these equips +energy coat, you won't be taking much dmg. If you go full support, people will hate killing you even more than I imagine they already will. You can also maximize more dex for Rocker Card and AoA and a few other things, but those are things you can work out. Also if you can get higher pluses, go for it, I just tried to keep it overall realistic.
Against most priests, it's a battle of SP, between mine, I have marc, and I'm in a battle build, so...

Priest with Lex divina gets a decent start off right at the bat, even if they use a green potion to cure it, Priest rushes in before Dispell can happen, Priest SPanks wimpy sage with +7 stunner Sage gets stunned, if it manages to live through it, it's trying to run away from the crazy priest, and freeze it, the marc prevents that, Sage gets stunned again, the sage dies.

And even if you have green pots, we can simply silence again, with no vit, even if you have gangster mask/flu mask to resist silence, We can make you waste your supplies, Mag while you're silenced, maybe. Normal priests may try to melee for humor, And/or Holy light when you give up. then there's spell scrolls, and wouldn't it be funny if a sage that depended so much on FD to win to get frozen by a level 5 Frost driver scroll

Not all priests are FS, and there's no easy answer on what to expect from what class, any one of them could throw you for a loop, like this one soul linker I know that's Pure str and Aspeed with a dagger of counter. that'd be enough time to reflect the first spell, then pummel you with critical hits and prevent you from casting again, even if quagmire triggered.

Aside from that, I agree with most of what aaronock said

Wouldn't bother with getting cold bolt any higher than 5, not much in PVM you'd be fighting for leveling purposes that's a fire property that'd need that much.
A prof vs high priest fight=a lot more interesting
Prof got wall of fog and soul burn and web to handle problems they originally had with priests in pvp 1vs1, and priest well they got assumptio and a few other fun tricks they can pull with the right cards.

Howeverrr...sage CAN beat a priest if he has a marduk and plays with firewall just right on those battler types.

HOWEVER, the sage will lose if the priest has over like 40mdef too...>_>
Sage just can't beat a priest, they don't have the dmg output necessary to win. Wizard has a more likely chance.

Soul linkers...eh I beat them all the time, no matter what build. If they kaite always go with HD or Earth Spike, they are weak sauce dmg overall and won't kill you. Wait for it to finish, they probably won't be able to get another kaite off if you pay attention at all because you have spellbreak, and fighter linkers cast kaite slower than full support or esma ones using scrolls. So yes...sages can beat Linkers, but it is a very long fight, and no you can't dispel kaahi anymore since the dispel nerf, have fun plucking it out. I sometimes get brave myself and wait for energy coat to die and try to dagger of counter or mailbreaker them myself while doing dmg spells.

Other classes, well if you want to really ask me more serious questions on sage/prof class I'm really open to answering them, as I know a ton about how to play it in any fashion, be it battler, caster or full support, I've played all of them and quite seriously too.
Aaronock Wrote:A prof vs high priest fight=a lot more interesting
Prof got wall of fog and soul burn and web to handle problems they originally had with priests in pvp 1vs1, and priest well they got assumptio and a few other fun tricks they can pull with the right cards.

Howeverrr...sage CAN beat a priest if he has a marduk and plays with firewall just right on those battler types.

Also if you have safteywall, you could take down a BP easily, but stun still goes through saftey wall. it can help block asura, and their little chance at beating the crap out of you post asura, assuming they don't fish. but there's still TSS, and that's why Range classes are deadly against Mage classes. Fast High damage that drains SP through Energy coat, and no way to completely prevent damage either
The best prof has is Wall of Fog.
Generally there isn't too many problems with me fighting a Champion, except it requires near perfection if you don't have SW+Fog. Prof also has burn, but its not wise to rely on that for your wins. >_>

But to be honest, burn is an easy way to beat most classes in pvp 1vs1...but high mdef absolutely just kills Professors.
One small note: I would recommend, for leveling, using HD over TS in Rachel. My reasoning being that for the SP used HD does almost as much damage as TS. HD hits 5 times for full MATK and TS hits 10 for .7, which is like hitting 7 times. HD costs 44 and TS costs 74. HD also seems to have less after-cast, though I haven't looked up the specific numbers because I'm too lazy. By the time your first HD finishes hitting you can cast and then almost finish the next one almost before they move. It goes much faster, for me at least, than TS does.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's