heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Is there a Client for RO to download for a MAC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My friend wants to play and she wants to know if theres a client to download for MAC Icon_biggrin?
I really don't know much about Macs, would it even be safe for me to consider the Full Folder safe for use? I know it contains all files needed and less of a hassle than Sakray, so try that first?

Downloads Post

Remember to download the most recent patcher along with it, hopes it works for Macs xD...
so just try to download everything normaly? XD
no that wont work .. i been running searches in google since the first post and it seemes no one can get it to work even useing crossover .. wine and bootcamp
No, playing on mac is highly troublesome! He might get away with it with a windows emulator, but even that is no garantee to work. If he wants to attempt it, warn him of loads of headache Icon_sad
I don't like those windows emulators... they always crash on me. Your friend is going to have to go with a pc if you guys want to avoid a headache... Mac's are just too much trouble.
hmm i'm surprised that both wine and bootcamp don't work. if i ever get osx to play with, i'll try. but that won't be anytime soon, if ever. in the meantime, i'll try to look for someone who actually reported getting it to work with the steps they took to do it.
Buubuuuuuuuu
I play on my iMac- HOWEVER
I used Bootcamp to create two different Startup Disks -whatever it is-
Works perfectly fine for me.
the best suggestion is to use boot camp. I got it working on that but it still got kinda wonky when you tried to run it for any length of time.

Best bet, get a $500 cheapy ass old computer to run RO on, that's all you can really do about it.
yeah, nowadays even the crappiest comp on the market will suffice to run RO properly. i bet you could get one for less than $400 and do just fine.
Reference URL's