heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: For fun non-competitive guilds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Eventually when heRO gets popular enough there are gona be a shortage of castles and secondly there will be for fun non WoE guilds (and alot weaker guilds who will never get a castle...). Why not make a few lil maps that are ranging from little apartments to houses to mansions to maybe even fake castles that can be rented with zeny as a place for those guilds to hang out in or something?
I'm going to try to not be offensive about this:

Free_Lancer, I know you make a lot of these suggestions hoping to improve things, but you have just joined this server. I assume, since it is suggested in how you talk about the game, you have played RO for a while. You must understand that, while cool, most of these ideas are not probably. I'll highlight a few things that make this particular suggestion improbable...

Eventually - The GM team, and Pandora in particular, are working very hard to do many things to make this server fun and fair and great, looking forward to a time when all the castles have been opened (LONG time away, IMO) and there are still more guilds who would actively use this feature is not something they have time to do.

for fun non WoE guilds - These types of guilds already exist, and exist on many servers (including the official ones). I, being a leader of one such guild, see no reason to ask the GMs to design an entirely new map (which is a lot of effort if map design in Ragnarok is anything like any other game I've worked on) just to cater to these guilds seems mildly ridiculous. No offense, but just claim a town and hang out there. I personally like to chill in Yuno, and various other guilds have "headquarters" throughout the world. Inhabit a place, don't ask the GMs to design a new one.

make a few lil maps - As pointed out above...as far as I understand this would be a great deal of work on top of everything else already implemented.

that can be rented - This would require new scripts as well I assume, though they may be similar to already-existing scripts. Either way, even more work that does not need to be done.

I will agree, this would be a really cool feature, but is the actual utility of this feature worth the massive efforts that would be required to make it happen? I mean, we only have one castle open on each map more. If/when heRO grows that much more I'm sure more will be opened. For now just enjoy the game as is and take over a town.

P.S. Yuno is mine Icon_biggrin

P.P.S. I'm not trying to drag you down, and I'm sorry if any of that sounds offensive.
nah, its not offensive at all =]

I thought it'd be as easy as copying some already made maps and duping them, guess its harder eh? Icon_biggrin;;
WoE2.0 .. doubt theres gonna be a shortage of castles
For now I think guilds taking over towns is more than plenty Icon_biggrin

Perhaps someday instead of completely new maps, it would be much simpler to take existing houses rooms and rent them out by room. Possibly take out the portal leading outside the particular room and you'd be able to stick maybe seven guilds in a place without hassle of people barging in on parties. Add features like being able to crack DB's in there (private DB room has a tendency to be taken when my guild needs it T_T) or even pvp could possibly solve a couple guild conflicts going around? Pricing would probably range pretty high depending on how its rented.
I also have a social guild and see no point in this, I have guild chat for a reason you know, and if we wanted to meet and talk we would certainly be able to find a place. Lots of unused buildings in RO anyway :3
Why do you need a fake castle to rent? There are plenty of random buildings in these towns that arn't used, even by npc's. I remember my old for fun guild back in the day. We used to have regular meetings in Ald, and at the garden outside of pront. Find a map that suites your taste and make it a guild ralleying point.
Thanks for sugestion, but would be too much work for the result it would yield, as Azure explained. I also encourage you to follow his suggestion. You joined recently, perhaps it would be best to first get accustomed to the server before making so many suggestions, that way you'll have a better understanding of hero and its community. ^_^
Reference URL's