heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: A true story of mine.. [EDITED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am currently 16-years old. My mom and dad made a trip to China for three weeks, as a vacation sorta thing. They have been gone since the 28th of December.

After they left, my aunt and uncle were asked to take care of me and my two younger siblings, my 11-year old brother (formerly Itachi Uchiha on this server) and my 5-year old kindergartener sister, while they are on their trip. My aunt loves watching dramas, so all she really does for us is cook our meals and help me out with some of the extra chores that have been stacked on me. My uncle's only responsibility as our temporary guardian is to supervise us.

Things haven't been going very well since my parents left the country. I try to organize my time everyday to certain things I need to get done, like making lunch every night for my two siblings to take to school the next day, do the laundry at least two times a week, keep the house spic 'n clean and take care of myself as well. I also have exams coming up at the end of the month so I need to study for those as well, including a bunch of summative projects in each of my classes that need to be finished on time.

I don't know if it's just me, but misfortunes seem to pop up at the wrong time for me. Sometimes, my aunt doesn't even cook proper meals for us and warms up frozen food instead. Sometimes I spend my own money that I earned from work, which was suppose to go towards my education, on groceries so I cook my own meals for myself and my siblings. But my aunt doesn't bother us that much as much as my uncle does.

He's the type of person who always wants to prove that he is right, and only right.

-----

A few days ago we had an power outage, and because of that out internet went down. See the thing is my dad is MIA so he's not available to fix it up. Since we have more than one computer in the household, we have a wireless connection. Apparently, the wireless didn't work anymore, but the DSL/modem connection still worked, meaning my computer was the only computer with an internet.

See my brother lives off an RPG called Maplestory right (yes many of you may have heard of it before), and today he was crying over it because he was afraid that his friends online would delete him off their buddy list because he went inactive all of a sudden. My uncle blamed me for not fixing the internet for him earlier. -_- So I made a goal for myself: to fix the damn wireless myself. The problem was, I had absolutely no idea how to do it and I have no contact with my parents whatsoever unless they called me.

I've tried many things, read manuals, reset my modem/router/etc, then I finally called my ISP, but apparently there was a waiting line, so I waited.

In between my uncle started pointing out a few things I should've done like, oh you still need to give your sister a shower, oh you need to take your brother down to run on the treadmill and this and that. Wtf, you told me to fix the internet connection first. So my brother did the favour of giving my sister a shower while I waited for customer service.

I waited 2 and a half damn hours on that line and still no one answered my call. My uncle got fed up and told me to go to bed, but I refused. Eventually he ignored me and took my siblings to sleep instead. We fought in-between, my uncle and I. I was trying to prove that he isn't always right, and that I was trying my very hardest just to do something a bit more challenging for me. It's a good thing, right? I wasn't a quitter, and I still am not. If I really gave up that easily, I wouldn't be getting anywhere in life in the future.

A few minutes later while I was still trying to fix the wireless up, my sister came down. I asked her why she wasn't in bed. She said she didn't want to go to bed. I gave her a hug, and asked her why? At this point, I started to sob a little. I was beginning to get scared of what is going to happen next, after a harsh argument with my uncle. My sister didn't reply, so I let her stay in the room with me. She started playing games on the laptop, since I needed it on to test the connection.

A few minutes later after my brother has been put to bed, my uncle came down and told my sister to go to bed. At this point she did something that I totally didn't expect coming. She refused to listen to him and just continued playing. After she had been told a few times, my uncle left the room. Thank goodness, I said to myself. After a bit, I went up to get my cell from my bedroom, having an attempt to call my parents with the possible numbers that I had on me, since the phone line was taken up by the waiting line. My uncle came back into the room while I was gone, and started yelling at my sister. She still refused, yet she started to cry. Finally I said, "Leave her alone."

My sister ran towards me and leaped into my arms and clutched me tightly, shaking. I could tell she was freakin' scared. My uncle told me to put her into bed at that instant. Finally I said, "She doesn't want to go to sleep! Don't you know? You're scaring the crap out of her!" Then we argued even more in between, until I got pretty pissed off and said, "No, go home. We don't need you here. You're only making everything worse, way worse than it already is." And some other harsh stuff, I reached my limit. So he listened, and packed his stuff and headed out the door. I slammed the door shut. I was still there with my sister, frightened to death. Then I started crying my hardest, and my sister was trying her very hardest not to let me cry (at this point, she had stopped crying). She grabbed a tissue for me and said, "Don't cry, mommy will be home soon..." and continued to hug me.

My brother came downstairs and looked out the window. He had heard everything since we were so loud. He didn't do much, after that I just continued to find a way to get my parents, and the wireless back. I wasn't willing to give up, I wanted to disown him so bad... knowing that I can do it. I hadn't had that much confidence before, and all he was doing was trying to bring it down. He was trying to make me look like an idiot, and I know that I may act like one, but I definitely don't think like one.

A few minutes went by and we heard the garage door again. Dammit, he came back I thought. He came in and apologized to my siblings, and took them to bed without thought. He completely ignored me there. My sister said, "But what about jie jie? (jie jie means big sister in Chinese, yes I am Chinese) Jie jie needs to go to sleep too..." I was so furious, I wanted to stop him again and tell him to GTFOOOO, seriously. My siblings are on my side, and he knows that, and now he is taking them away from me. He acted like I wasn't even there. He came back down and slept on the couch. I wasn't intending on going to sleep until he was long gone.

-----

And now I am sitting at the computer and it is 3 am - about an hour and a half since the incident ended. I honestly don't know what to do anymore, and as they always say, sharing your problems with someone always makes you feel a bit better, so I decided to share my massive problem with the server. I know this may not mean as much to anyone, but if you have anything you would like to suggest to me, please take the time to do so. Also it would be nice if you took the time to point out anything I should have or should not have done, since it will benefit me in my problem solving skills.

Please do leave any flames/insults to yourself. Seeing those will only make me feel worse about myself than I already am at the moment...

I really would like to thank you for taking the time to read all this. o_o;;

-----

EDIT: I have the full story. This is part two of a bit of my life. (If any of you bother to listen. XD)

Things got much worse from there on. I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep that night, and since my uncle was ignoring me the whole night I stayed up until about 5:00 am doing pretty much nothing. Even when I went to bed that late, I still couldn't get to sleep. I don't know when I fell asleep eventually, but I didn't wake until 1 pm the next day, late afternoon. Everything seems pretty normal for the day, but when dusk came around, my aunt had to leave to help one of my older uncles at his bar. She told my uncle to come over, despite what happened the night before.

I couldn't believe it, there was no way I was going to talk nor see that freak again. I was so disappointed, so mad. I decided to leave the house. (Yes, I understand that this was my mistake.) I told my brother that I was leaving. To where? I don't know, anywhere was better than this dreaded place. Before I stepped out, I told my brother to watch over my sister... then vanished. This is what happened next:

(Approx.)

9:30 pm - It was chilly outside. I was crying my butt off. I felt bad for leaving my siblings home alone but with all the stress on my mind, it was tough. I was also in the middle of doing laundry, and I still haven't eaten a dinner nor gave my sister a bath. But those can wait, I told myself. I started calling Michael, a friend nearby. His mom picked up and told me that he was over at his cousin's for the night. The next person I called was Altaire aka Sammi. I told her what happened, and it is usually hard to understand my dialect when I keep breathing in air in between, but I manage. Sammi and her parents offered a place at their house. I gave it an okay.

I waited outside and sat down on the pavement and called another friend and told her what had happened. I also went to check the mailbox for whatever reason abd took with me whatever that was in there. <.< A car passed by and saw me crying. The people asked me if I was alright. I said I was fine, and they drove away. When I saw another car approaching, I quickly got up and crossed the street so that they wouldn't stop themselves for me again. And just in time, Sammi and her parents arrived in front of my eyes.

9:45 pm - I arrived at Sammi's place. It only took about 5 minutes to drive there and back, but it would actually take a bit of time to walk there and back. They offered me something to eat, but I rejected the offer. I honestly wasn't that hungry. It turned out that maybe, I could stay here for the night. It felt safe here, really safe. o_o After telling Sammi the full story, I recieved a bunch of phone calls on my cell. My aunt was one of them, she asked me where I was. I wouldn't tell her, until my uncle walked through her door. When I heard that, I quickly snapped the phone shut. I wasn't even willing to hear him speak.

10:15 pm - I spent some time with Sammi and one of my other real life friend who called us to check up on what's going on. I also went online and told my boyfriend (in-game: Iduncare) what I had done. At this point I logged on to Sammi's character, and spoke to other people including Ryan and even Mystra. I had my phone on silent. While Sammi went to prepare ourselves for the night, I had no choice but to call back and see what they really wanted from me. I called home.

My uncle quickly picked up. "Bridget, where are you? Please don't do this to me, your brother and sister are crying! We are outside looking for you, just please tell us where you are." He said things like those, and I could hear my sister in the background, which broke me into tears some more. I asked if I could speak with her, only if I would tell him where I was. I spoke to my sister. I have never heard her so sad before, never before in my life. So I told them where I was, and in less than five minutes, they arrived at Alty's house.

10:30 pm - We were back home. My uncle told the two kids to head inside and told me to go for a night stroll with him. We went across the street into the park. At this point I thought to myself, "This is where I die. This is where everything ends." Instead, we sat down, talked over things throughly, and forgave each other. I guess we (or rather I) were just hiding too many things from each other, and after I told him how many things I had been going though, he finally understood me. We talked for an hour and a bit. It was time to start all over from the beginning and act like none of this had ever happen. I won't even tell my parents about this. I was okay with it.

-----

I wish to forget everything that has happened over the past few days, so this thread may not be up for much longer.

I have learned my lesson.

We spent the next day at the mall pigging out and getting some fresh air. xD It felt nice to be out again, but bad because I had so much homework waiting for me at home. D:
Geah >.> you told me most of the story and its pretty harsh what your uncle did but im always here for you and you know that, so ill just keep talking to you on msn. not too sure what else to say on here without flaming your uncle >.>... sooo ill just leave it at that and continue talking to you on msn... <3 ya babe
Depending on where miss lives in Canada, there's plenty of organization to call for help and they can probably provide direct solution. They can probably at least solve some meal problems, or even try to setup some negotiations with the uncle/aunt. Can't think of any immediately except that for Ontario, every city got Children's Aide at least. There's probably a lot more places to reach too that can lend a shoulder~

Friends online may provide great mental support, but best to also contact a more structured and professional organization to give some direct support as well~
the 3 weeks is almost up right? just hang in there a lil bit longer *hugs* :/

as for the uncle-issue...eh honestly parents in general (esp asian ones) ALWAYS ALWAYS think theyre right and even if they know theyre wrong, they wont admit it. its very difficult to fight or get them to understand. well idk if ur uncle is very traditional asian-ish but my dad is and o boy u.u;; im 23 now and still im always on the defense when it comes to arguing with my dad. i remember when i was 17 i told him not to underestimate me just because i "havent lived as long" and heh almost got slapped x.o.

now the best i can do it just grin and bear it until i get my own place near my new school. for now i either ignore or pretend to agree then do my own thing. even now im not supposed to be playing RO period, but yey me lol!

the situation ur in sucks right now, but gah i hate to say this, ur the oldest :x so u got ur siblings to look after/protect/take of/etcetc. if anything do the best u can and u know already they know how hard it is for u so they got ur back even if all they can do is give u a hug xP be strong for them and yea soon enough ur parents should be back right? hang in there and srsly just ignore the old man :/ and do what u need to do when u need to do it.

wah so long too sorrie x.x take care bridge :3~
When I was about 13 years younger, my dad used to make sure all of our arguments would finish with me admitting that I was either doing things without thinking or that I was down right stupid. I can't begin to tell how "good" it has been for self esteem. It's hard to stand up to grown ups, as they will be blind to you and only focus on the argument itself. I know it may be weird, but what I'm trying to tell you is I'm proud of you, you won already. Just hang in there and keep your sibling close.
Iduncare Wrote:not too sure what else to say on here without flaming your uncle >.>...

Lol flames at uncle is fine, but flames regarding myself is not admitted. Dx

And Namine, contacing a professional service is a wise choice but I rather solve my own problems myself. :/ But honestly, I've thought about it, and it doesn't seem necessary unless it comes up again. This has happened many times before but it hasn't ever gotten out of hand.. my aunt is starting to cook now at least. n.n;;

3 weeks is almost up, thank goodness. D: They are suppose to be home next week either on the Tuesday or the Thursday. *crosses her fingers for Tuesday* I know it might seem stereotypical but YES, ASIAN PARENTS ARE SUCH A PISS OFF. D:< Guess the best I really can do now is be a good girl and mind my own business..

Thanks Melv, your opinion made me feel so much better about myself.
Hey bridge, I ain't a usual fan of long posts but after hearing Darren rant about your uncle yesterday in guild chat made me decided to read ur post very carefully... and I gotta say it must be very tough on you. As a person who probably knows how asian parents are, but dont know how evil aunt and uncles can be (because my aunt and uncle are one of the best people I ever known) I probably cant be of much help or say anything helpful that you didnt already hear. But all the more just remember that you got a very good and emo (jkjk) boyfriend like Darren and a lot of people on the server who care about you, like me and the whole LoA guild...and other people I suppose.

If your still having trouble with your wireless perhaps I can help you out with that. I applaud you on your hard work trying to fix it, but you don't always have to do things by yourself. Hang in there and take care of your sister and brother....and bother your parents for a fancy dinner when they come back from China...perhaps some shopping to go with that? xD
I think it would be better if you spent time away from your uncle for a bit, maybe staying over at my place would have been a good idea >_<. Then again, I'm taking you away from your siblings and I don't think your brother can handle things on his own like that. That's really messed up... if only another family member of yours came to watch over you guys instead of your uncle. If anything else happens feel free to call me and I'll come get you.
All I can say is wow. That almost sounds like Cinderella, to an extent. That's pretty harsh what your uncle was doin. I'm actually kinda surprised that your parents didn't just leave you in charge. Do you think that you could have handled everything yourself without your Aunt and Uncle there? It sounds like you did your best despite them, anyways.
Sometimes arguing gets you no where, My dad likes to be right all the time, and just arguing with someone like that is pointless, I dont take no crap most of the time, but i'de rather not bother anymore (plus I moved)
Definatly if you feel threatened, call someone for help, try not to agrivate him too much (you never know if he may lash out at you)

It's not good that you tried to defend your siblings and that happened, and that your aunt is too lazy to cook, I guess it's better to have something than nothing though.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's