heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Hardware suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yar, I was just wondering if the servers have a UPS (uninteruptable power supply) hooked into them.

It's basically a giant battery, but they're useful for servers specifically because if the power goes out (like it did in the first few days of my being here), the server won't take any undue harm from the sudden removal of power.

If it doesn't have one, would I be able to suggest there be plans made to purchase one in the near future? I've got one on my computer and it keeps me from blowing up whenever there's a black or brownout.

Mine is a low end model but it keeps my computer going for about half an hour before shutting itself down (safely, at that). If you spend enough money (the prices generally range from $50 to $500) you can get one that lasts well over 3 or 4 hours.

Whatcha think?
The electricity rarely ever ever goes out here, when it does it's usually for over an hour since it will be a broken cable or something. I appreciate the suggestion anyhow, maybe if I can get one not too expensive it would be a nice addition to the server Icon_smile
it was worth suggesting then! whoohoo! I can make suggestions that don't suck!
Reference URL's