heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Blacksmiths Enchanted Stone craft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok currently not many people are using iron tempering, steel tempering or enchanted stone craft as the majority of the results of these materials are easily obtained through about an hour of mining.

Would it be possible to include the ability for blacksmiths to refine rough eluneum and rough oridicons at a better ratio then the npc in the refinery?

The last time I saw this done it was 3 to 1 instead of 5 to 1 that the npc does.

Possible? impossible? unfeasable?
Not sure if it's possible to directly interfere with skills instead of just changing the parameters for skills. Namin? believes that the GM has said how these type of suggestions need to go to eA and not something heRO GM team will manage =o

(a lot of people still use steel tempering actually... Namin? knows quite a few. The need for steel is just not satisfied from pure mining, but also using the iron/coal from mining to make them into more steel as well. True that she does not know of people using iron and enchanted stone ore though... but not like any Priests use slow poison and that skill floats around in RO anyway. Guess it is another mystery of Gravity programmers.)
Adding skills is complicated, quite headache-full as far as I know, altough I have not actually tampered with it myself yet.

Adding an option at the npc that makes smith refine rough elu/ori at the rate of 3 or 4 instead of 5 would be feasable, but I would fear it would be easy to abuse, everyone just make a smith to talk to npc.
I think if this was added it should have a chance to fail that decreases with job level of the smith (or stats, but I think JLvl is better). That way you would actually have to train the smith instead of taking the old merchant fisher/miner and using it as a low level smith/ori&elu factory.
Yeah maybe.. sorta like chance to success is equal to ((base dex+ base luk)/2)% ?

That way if you got 99dex and 99 luk you got a 99% refine rate on elu/ori at the npc. Still gotta farm rough either with mining or hunting, so would be fair I guess.
Reference purposes:

Let's say 99 dex + 70 luk, which is a level 85 blacksmith.

120 rough elu = 24 elu normally
120 rough elu = 33.8 elu with npc with 3-1 ratio
120 rough elu = 25.35 elu with npc with 4-1 ratio

99 dex + 80 luk (lv 92 blacksmith)

120 rough elu = 24 elu normally
120 rough elu = 35.8 elu with npc with 3-1 ratio
120 rough elu = 26.85 elu with npc with 4-1 ratio

4-1 ratio is hardly worth the bother to even script the NPC since the blacksmith needs to be pure forger build of just dex and luck, and even then has a neglectable improvement from the normal 5-1 100% conversion.

3-1 ratio is around ~10 elu difference at this high level. For comparison, Namin? can get 10 elu from raydric using a 120 int SL who can OHKO raydric 95% of the time. It'll take approximately 45min to get the 10 elu.

Mining is tricky to compare, since it gives both pure elu and rough elu at the same time... someone else who is bored with a better mathematical mind than Namin? can try to calculate that one.
I take 320 picks down to mine with me at one run. That's without a pet mind, cause I don't like those things.

That takes me a couple of hours and generally nets me between 10 and 30 rough elu and 10 to 30 rough ori and about 1 to 10 pure of each.

I used to just leave the stacks of roughs in my storage til I have a big enough pile to run them all at once, but that started to take a loooonnnnggg time, so I just do it on a per run basis.
Rhino_Man Wrote:Ok currently not many people are using iron tempering, steel tempering or enchanted stone craft as the majority of the results of these materials are easily obtained through about an hour of mining.

Why not reducing the drop chance of elemental stone and keeping the drop chance of unrefined stone the same as it is now...Problem would be easily solved without interfering in economy as much as in the idea you suggested.
G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:Why not reducing the drop chance of elemental stone and keeping the drop chance of unrefined stone the same as it is now...Problem would be easily solved without interfering in economy as much as in the idea you suggested.

Honestly, Namin? solves all of her elemental stone needs by giftboxes. Fishing also makes giftboxes. Taking it out from mining is only further encouraging people to fish, instead of both fish and mine. Namin? personally hopes for a greater balance of fishing/mining and their respective items/profit.

This method strengthens blacksmith forgers to promote that class which heRO does not have a lot of, and also boosts the value of rough elu/ori this way, indirectly making mining better.

However, the details are going to be confusing and will attract a lot of disagreements for awhile until a lot of discussion goes through...
yeah well it was just a suggestion. since I have dealt with this on another server. It's far from broken because my initial suggestion takes fail rates into account, which means that unless you're in forge mode you break so many ori/elu that you're better off going to the npc.

Counting for 99 dex and 99 luk and jlvl 50 you can hit I think they had it set to go about 95% success rate, which is pretty good, but still fails.

Once you break I think 70/70 and j50 you start to break even compared to the npc.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's