heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Multi-Ethnic Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, this may sound weird coming from me but think something about a tan gypsy is more sexy then a white one XD. So I was wondering how hard/easy and how likable the idea is of having multi color skin sprites? To me it seems that it all deals with the coloring pallets in game, so could the Styla girl be able to have options like that? I think it'd be totally rad to have a much wider color pallet if we threw in tan and black characters.... zombie would be cool too.

*Changed it to ethnic XD my bad*
If you make it and Pandora likes it, we will probably add it.
Its not multi-cultural, its multi-ethnic.

Anyway the 30pts dark palette makes my female Sage's skin darker.
I wouldn't mind making them if i had a hold of all the head pallets.

Darz-
you'd have to tweak things just right for darker characters. not all pallets work well with every skin color, things like that are in same relation to Real life.
Its not just the sprite that has to be edited, although it wouldn't be hard to change the sprites skin color, the head's skin color would be really really hard to match, and each hair/head sprite would have to be created a huge number of times to allow diffrent skin tones, along with the outfit colors.

All in all, it would be easy to change the skin color, but very tedious.

Just imagin creating 100 pallette's (The already existing ones.) and coding all 100 pallette's then creating a script for the npc, in order to choose what skin type you would like, now do all of that for each hair color/style. Thats a LOT of work.
I think this has been suggested before, you'd have to change the sprite of the head, and add modifications to the pallettes as well,

Because some palletes make my character look like an Oompa Loompa

(Note: they aren't meant to be white, they're meant to be asian seein as how it's a korean game.)
Yah a lot of servers have done the skin thing, with plenty of haircolors and other custom dyes as well. If this can be done on HeRO as well, that would be cool, even though my main is a white guy, but others I wouldn't mind changing the skin tone to :]
I know its a lot of work P: the good stuff always isn't easy. Anyways i wouldn't dare think of converting all 100 pallets. Dunno if you can revers convert pallets into workable bmps so you can change them. But if you get the color down right if you change just the heads (some of them at least) and make it be a work in progress i think I'd be cool.

Here is something i did squicky for fun regarding all this. [Image: skincolornm8.jpg]
high orc players :O
GM-Loki Wrote:high orc players :O

Seems to me that playing for long periods of time in the zombie infested caves has finally took its toll.

Still is a great job.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's