heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: n00b question-high rate servers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so is there a high rate server for heRO? if so how do i get it downloaded and if not is there going to be one created anytime soon? not even a high rate, maybe even a mid rate server with around 500/500/100? 5/5/3 is really hard to work with but this server seems so nice that i dont really wanna go to another...sorry if this is a stupid question that has been asked 5 million times, but i didnt see it anywhere so excuse me if i missed it.

EDIT:ok well on the patcher i just saw that there was a temporary high rate server and i was just wondering, why not host multiple servers with different rates like many other private servers?
there was a high rate that was implemented for 1 night only, so we could have a place to play while the low rate was undergoing maintenance.

Bit I don't see another one being made any time soon.

and 5/5/3 is still better than 1/1/1 so I tolerate it =p
chronos Wrote:EDIT:ok well on the patcher i just saw that there was a temporary high rate server and i was just wondering, why not host multiple servers with different rates like many other private servers?
Well, erm, available hardware? There is a limit...
As already stated by Joe, it was a temporary server while heRO was undergoing maintenance. I think most of the community here doesn't want a high rate. No offense, but honestly..who wants a high rate, then comes to a 5/5/3 server? Laugh

I get what you're saying though. Have a low and a high. Well, that would probably (I'm assuming it does, I've never ran a server before) cost a lot more money and definitely more resources, not to mention..probably more staff, to help keep running, up-to-date, etc.

Also, please try to refrain from posting names of other RO servers please. It's against the rules and I understand you wasn't trying to advertise, but it is preferred you say, "Well, on this server I used to play on, they had a high and low rate" as opposed to, "Well, on *insert private server name here*, they had a high and low rate" Ok
Kikumaru Wrote:No offense, but honestly..who wants a high rate, then comes to a 5/5/3 server? Laugh

well i saw a banner ad on ratemyserver.net, and the server looked so cool with the wings and events and stuff that i downloaded it even though i was already playing on ******RO which was a 3k/3k/10k. ... almost forgot about the server advertising warning... well anyway thanks for the info - i guess im going to have to learn some patience then as ive decided to stick with this server even if the rates arent what im used to playing on.
Thanks for the suggestion, as mentioned already however running an extra server would consume some resources.

We have a test server, but it's not meant as a server to play on, it's used to test new quests and is graciously hosted by someone else. I don't think it could handle a real server population all the time.

Anyhow heRO is meant to be heroic ^_^ low rate suits that. Hope you have fun while you're here!
Reference URL's