heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Computer crashing when playing heRO.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My computer randomly crashes (the computer dies, not just heRO) when I play heRO. It has happend four times since I started playing, which wasn't too long ago. The first two times it happend when I tried to enter the weapon/armor store in Payon from the east side. The other times it's been more random, or atleast it seems random. heRO is the only game/application that does this.
Any suggestions? :/
Can you describe what happens when the computer crashes? And does it load up as normal when you restart it?
My monitor looses its signal and goes black. If I have music playing, it usually freezes up and starts to repeat the same millisecond over and over. Then I'm forced to restart manually by pushing the reset button, although, the last time it happend the computer restarted by itself.
Everything loads up as normal when it starts again.
I had this problem once. It was my video card...
Does your computer crash when playing another game?
Can you post a screenshot of your RO folder for us please?

How much space left on your computer?

Run setup.exe and make sure the right options are chosen.

Let us know if this helps.
As I wrote in the main post, heRO is the only application/game that does this. I play WoW frequently without problems.

The HDD which heRO is located on has 8.8Gb of free space. The partition Windows is located on has 3.4Gb of free space.

Files that didn't fit in the screenshot:
notice_close.txt
notice_patch.txt
patch_allow.txt
patch2.txt
patch3.txt
patch4.txt
patch5.txt
TipOfTheDay.txt
npccrypt.vxd

[Image: herofoldersh5.th.jpg]

Ahh yes. A similar thing happened to me when i started playing RO years ago. Sweat If I remember correctly there shouldn't be anything missing from your folder but your driver might be outdated.

Find out what video card you have, go to the sight and intall the latest driver into your video card file. Ok

Edit: Sorry bout the triple post if anybody saw it, its the laptop *sobs*
Did you download rag/sak separately then install our server's patch or download our 1 file full installer? If the first, I recommend trying the later.

In the download section you'll also find a DLL pack you can download and extract in your RO folder.

Updating your graphic card's driver like Quik suggested is also a good idea ^_^
I have this problem perpetually.

I highly suspect it is video card related, possibly due to heat, but that's less of a certainty. I do know, though, that if I take a break for 20 minutes or so, the problem seems to sort itself out.

Protip: Watch an episode of How I Met Your Mother. It'll be LEGEN..... wait for it.... DARY!

The other possibility is that it has something to do with RAM (but this is wagering a pretty big guess here). Now correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not a flash memory and OS guy) but if there's a fault in memory (probably video) and RO is unable to cope with that, it could cause a fault. Other, newer programs, are likely able to cope with this and just ignore the fault. Now if you keep rebooting, maybe there`s something to do with the allocation that keeps throwing RO back in the same block of memory where the fault is? this would cause RO to keep coming back to the same fault, causing the locking. I had this problem with Civ4 back in the day that was solved with a fresh memory module.

Protip: Go get a coffee while your machine reboots. Nothing like multitasking to boost your productivity.... with the possible exception of coffee.

Third option is the psu, but since you've been able to play WoW, I can't suspect it's that. Now none of this implies I've been able to fix said problem, but heat may be an issue. Or at least, the more likely one.
I just tried going through the same warps that kill my computer on another private RO server... without my computer dying. Wouldn't that mean it's not my computer's fault?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's