heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Suggestions for events
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well i came up with this some days ago when i was on my economics class and we where looking at the Criminal dilemma, this is done by the police when they have 2 suspects but they don't have enough evidence to jail them, then they use this dilemma.

They separate them each other and offer them the same deal ( this is an example ) if he confesses he can go free, just like that, but the other one will get 10 years in prison, the thing is... criminals are mainly egotist, so they will seek just their own benefit and will probably take the option too confess, but here is where it gets interesting...

After telling the offer to them they continue..." BUT! " if non of them confess they will get bouth get just 6 months in prisons because the police dont have enough evidence...but if the 2 criminals confess they will each go to jail for 6 years...

Why do i say this? because personally i like to analyze people and i found this behavior impressively delightful Icon_biggrin, to give someone an option to have something great at the cost of the pain of the other...and makes the most probable action that anyone wants t have their own benefit Icon_biggrin, s this brings me to this...we should make an event like this.

I was thinking to start without saying its this event, like, something that will select randomly select 2 players ( lets say a huge bunch of porings, like a massive or selected players making a pvp or something that when the one that gets an item that was on the poring ( that the gm dropped 2 of them ) will be selected, and now with those 2 players selected then comes the good part...

the gm will offer them an item, it has to be good or medium value, like the gm will have to guess depending on them and how relate, like make them talk a bit...and then comes the offer...none can talk to each other to say what will they say ( and even if they do, one can say something and in the end betray the other for his own good, its all psychology Icon_biggrin ), bouth will have to say something ( i haven't decided yet to say, like confess or no confess like on the dilemma, if someone can help me here it would be great )
lets say, that if one of them confesses, he will get the item, and the other one nothing ( lets say the gm kills him too or dosnt gets to play next round or 2 ), if none confesses, then both will get another item ( not as valuable, but good ) and they wount get to play next round, but if both confess, then none will get the item and will not play next round XD...its just a suggestion ( i mean the prices and punishments ) but personally i think it will be a good idea...since you might not compete with a friend for the price, what will he choose?, what does he thinks you will choose?, its so interesting that i think it will be a nice addition to the events Icon_biggrin.
Interesting idea. But I think your description ended up a bit confusing.

I personally had to read it over 2 times, and in the end I kind of gave up on understanding every bit of information. Not trying to be mean here, but... x_x
I just think the GMs would pay more attention to the suggestion if they could understand it without much effort. Thinking

Edit reason: Fixed typo.
ill try to rephrase that assap
It ment that if 1 confeses and the other dosnt , the one that confesed get the prize, if bouth confess non get the prize, but of non confess then bouth get a lesser prize.
confess about what exactly getting the item from a poring? i didnt understand it much either
kk....remember the prisoner dilemma, if they confessed they got free ( thats what i mean by confessing....like lets say an example...the gm will say..." ok this is the item ( lets say its an oca since some might go for it ) if someone betrays the other he will get this oca... but if no one betrays...then both will get an old blue box( or mabe the gm wount tell what it will be )...but if both betray each other then none will get anything"

this is a bit of an example, so if one of the selected ones decides to betray the other he will get the oca unless the other one decided to betray him as well, but if both decide not to, then they will get an obb.

the thing is, that if the item its so good that it will betray the confidence of each other then both will probably betray each other, and since everyone its on its own it will probably be the most seen result.

does everyone gets it now?
I semi get it, but we still have a problem:

This game involves 2 people max, from the sound of things. As a server, heRO is probably looking for something that more people can be involved in (at least 10 people, safe to say.)
Would this be like clue, where someone killed someone and it's our job to figure out who it is and what their MO (Method of Operation) was?
I like mind games, I think we could elaborate on this ^_^

First I'd gather players who want to participate and note their names down, then each round select 2 players and PM them that they are chosen (but not telling them who the other is).

Each of the 2 players can select no prize, medium prize or big prize.

If both players select no prize = both players get big prize.
If player1 selects no prize and player2 selects medium prize = both players get a medium prize.
If player1 selects no prize and player2 selects big prize = player2 gets big prize.

If player1 selects medium prize and player2 selects medium prize = both players get a medium prize.
If player1 selects medium prize and player2 selects big prize = player 1 gets a medium prize and player2 gets nothing.

If both select big prize = both players get nothing.

How would that sound?
Heh I like the idea....forces a character to not be greedy while at the same time take a risk...I would be interested in this ^_^
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's