heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Event Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an idea for an event that i would like to call "Clan Tournament."

This event would be Clans(not necesserly of the same "Guild") of 4-6 Players in each not more not less and it would be a mini Tournament full of mini games(wich i will take suggestions for mini games) and each event you choose a player (or more depending on how max player for event) from your team to represent your Clan.

Now for the Clan part, I would like for yourself to give a name for your Clan and have a specific look where you wear the same headgears as each other(that is Top, Middle AND Lower) and you would have same colored palettes to make your Clan look even more unique. Also, depending on what you guys think i was thinking no slotted head gears.

Now for mini games(Will update as suggestions are said):
1) PvP 1v1's, 2v2's, 3v3's, 4v4's, 5v5's, 6v6's
2) Race
3) Hunts
4) MvP

Now first off I want to know what you think about it, like if its interesting or if you have questions and if you have suggestions put at end of post in seperate paragraph.

I'll put each questions i got with numbers

1. Does this sound fair, not complicated and doable?
2. Do you have any questions regarding a possibly unclear part of the event?
3. What do you think of the no slotted headgear
4. Suggestions?
hm suddenly everyone thinking of party/clan/guild vs party/clan/guild large scale tournament lately XD; I was thinking of one too but then I have no time to attend any pre-dated large scale events until after middle of June.

(as for pvp, my usual reason for not hosting any applies: I just don't have item checking commands to check for illegal items)
If you're going to force people to all look the same you shouldn't have PVP as an event. Those serious about PVP all have a specific set of gears which includes upper mid and lower.
No slotted headgear? Are you specifically trying to exclude certain people from using certain gears? If so just say no mvp cards and be done with it.
This sounds like it could be fun but it's a lot like ToH. You would have to limit the number of 'clans' that could join. You don't want the event to take all day.
This isnt a all about pvp its about just getting a group together and go against other teams to try and win as many mini games as possible... and i doubt its alot like ToH... some mini games can involve the most random things that has nothing to do with RO this isnt a whole SERIOUS!!! event... yes itll be competitive but you dont need to trip out on my suggestion instead of simply putting your opinion in the way i stated on first post.

Master Chief Wrote:"Now first off I want to know what you think about it, like if its interesting or if you have questions and if you have suggestions put at end of post in seperate paragraph.

I'll put each questions i got with numbers

1. Does this sound fair, not complicated and doable?
2. Do you have any questions regarding a possibly unclear part of the event?
3. What do you think of the no slotted headgear
4. Suggestions?"

And again a simple i dont think its a good idea or i think its a great idea is enough

Kadar Wrote:No slotted headgear? Are you specifically trying to exclude certain people from using certain gears? If so just say no mvp cards and be done with it.

Master Chief Wrote:"Also, depending on what you guys think i was thinking no slotted head gears."
Interresting Icon_smile

I like the "wearing the same clothes", not sure same hat would be popular, but it's original.
Tell me then which is more useful to you. Me saying PvP for this kind of event is a bad idea. Or giving you an example of why it's a bad idea. Those examples being time and if you went ahead with the headgear uniformity then that would mess up gear dependent builds. If all you wanted was people to say was if they like it or not then don't ask for suggestions.

Just because I only talked about the PvP aspect doesn't mean I think the event is all about PvP. I only mentioned PvP because that's where I see a possible problem with the event. Races and hunts all seem fine so I didn't mention them in my first post.

MvPs would restrict the entrants to high level players. I think an event which includes everyone would probably be better but it's your idea so you can design it towards any group you want. Most 'clans' would probably be forced to have at least one Champ/Monk and one HP/Priest if you included MVPs.

And now for your format of questions:
1:Fairness isn't really an issue because it's only going to be fair as a novice event and nobody wants that; sounds very complicated because it has multiple events and other logistical challenges; it's very doable if it were fully planned.
2:Sounds pretty clear to me.
3:No slotted headgear would be really bad. Palette colors has the same effect and doesn't interfere with people's plans to tackle the event.
4:See everything above this 1-4 section.
Reference URL's