heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Character Switching.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everybody. Have you ever had a friend who quits, or retires a character? And you just realize.. Hey.. I can use that.. it'd help me greatly.
Well, there is something that is do able, and it's pretty much what my title says. Switching 1 character from 1 account, to another account.
Example, for those who like examples Icon_smile : Timmy has a sin. Tim quits, Shaddi realizes he can put that sin to use, Shaddi pays money, 5$ ish, Shaddi gets the sin, Shaddi's happy. Tim has to give the A-Okay to switching. After that's done. Both parties are happy.

Pretty much, in short You're able to move 1 character from 1 account, to another account, given that account has a space open. It'd cost money too, just so the server could benifit from it aswell.

Please give me feedback. Just go on and say Hey tom! Good idea. I love you!

Or, Whoa man, Bad idea. Bad tom.

Either way, don't flame me. Happy hunting.
If that friend gives you the account and you keep it on that account its fine.

/note as a reminder: Here on the forum or the server, there will be no RL money transactions of heRO items at anytime. The small exception is the donation system which is a personal decision matter.

BUT!

There are a lot of account variables that are attached to each char and accounts, to move the char would be too complicated and theres a very big chance that it would error in the database. So while a good idea in principle, the making of would be near impossible.

/patpat
Oh, by paying 5$ i ment donating for the service =P

Edit: We could try it out once, and give it about a week or so. See if it errors anywhere in the database.
^_^ Just a suggestion

Double Eddit o.O: Reason why i say this is past servers i've been on (Not naming for the obvious reason) Did this perfectly. No errors, nothing. D=
GM-Aki Wrote:Here on the forum or the server, there will be no RL money transactions of heRO items at anytime.

=(

My retirement plan just got blowed up, guess I'll have to find something else if I want to retire at 60 years old c_c are reer good?
I don't see why it would be necessary to transfer the char to your own account. Using your example, if Tim has quit, Shaddi can use his account as is. The only real application for this suggestion that I can see, would be to use it to spread characters on one account over multiple accounts, so other people can play them.

Example:

Tim has 2 high level chars. Shaddi joins heRO but instead of starting a new character, Tim transfers his second char to another account which Shaddi then plays, without having to go through months of grinding for levels and gears.

Personally I'd like a system like this, since theres really no benefit of having all characters bound to one account (unlike official, theres no cost associated with each account you own) and in hindsight I would have preferred to have each of my chars on seperate accounts.

@Aki:

Could the process be "simplified" to a degree? Wouldn't it be simpler to limit the process to transferring the character only (Items and zeny could be left on the original account and transferred manually), by creating a new character, adjusting the base and job levels to suit the character as it is on the previous account (If the character had experience, too bad, they would be transferred at the base and job level they were with 0% for base and job). If naming is a problem, perhaps force a name change and incorporate that cost of a name change into the final price of the process.

The full process:

1. The player puts in a request to have a character moved and gives details of both of the accounts in question. A list of names is given should a name change be needed.
2. If two players are involved both must give their consent for the process to go through.
3. The character in question must be stripped of all items and zeny. All quest items will be lost and all quests will have to be repeated on the "new" character.
4. Both accounts are temporarily banned while the process is completed (it'd be annoying to have to work on an account while the owned repeatedly tries to log in).
5. The base level, job level and class of the character to be moved is noted, as well as the original name. The character is then deleted from the original account.
6. A new character is made on the target account, either using the original name of one of the names given as part of a name change. The new character is then job changed and leveled to where it was on the previous account (all remaining job and base exp is lost in the process).
7. The accounts are unbanned and the character is successfully moved. The players involved can then transfer gears and zeny from the old account to the new account, as they please.

Personally it still seems like it would take a little more time than the other $5 donation options. Perhaps set a slightly higher price ($10-20).
Good point, Not 100% sure on how it works. But that really just saved me a few hours of researching. As for the amount it would be per switch, i put 5$ for an example. ;D I swear.
10 - 20 sounds more reasonable. and judging by the way you put it, i see this working o.o; But, thats me =D
Diallo Wrote:Oh, by paying 5$ i ment donating for the service =P

I got that Tom, except I wanted to do a prevention message to make sure no one got the idea from the post.

@Nidsrule It probably is more simple than I can imagine, though my imagination is very fertile Icon_smile Thought the simple idea that someone leaves and gives/loans the account to someone else is pretty much a given that you have the char to play with.

Though the concept is interesting, I'm not seeing it done here for now, except, never say never as they say lol.

I'll let Pandora have the final word.

Icon_wink
Ah. I see, Thanks for clearing that up =3

Edit: Hopefully. I think its a good idea. ^_^
Reference URL's