heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Warhammer Anybody?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been lookin into Warhammer a bit lately, and I have to say that I'm really impressed with it. There are 3 races for both factions to choose from; all with about 2-4 job classes. You could play at least 15 different characters with this. On top of that each job class has a skill tree, much like WoW.

That's all really cool, but there's something in the game that's really cought my attention. There will be guild seiges. You can take over castles, and have your standard displayed everywhere on it. (much like RO) Also, if any of your guildies is within a certain range of the standard then they gain a percentage based on what stats you've allocated to the standards.

Man it's gonna be so awesome!
I've heard of this, and I've gotta say, if I wasn't so sturdy oin my "don't pay for MMO's" standard, I'd probably be all over this.

Looks pretty nice.
Well, Warhammer isn't just an MMO. It's also an RTS.

For medieval Warhammer, it's Battle March.
For the 40k version, that's Dawn of War.

Dawn of War is a total blast, especially since it uses the tabletop's "squads" whereas games such as Command and Conquer and Starcraft use single units. I played DoW for a long time, and now single-unit RTSs just seem really bland to me.
Reference URL's