heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: SinX build - feasible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Heyo everyone,

I like planning ahead (especially with the new resetter prices)...
Made up a build for my Sin when I make it to rebirth:
It's a crit build with SD capabilities and "lots" of sp for GT spamming...

Stats:
Str: 59+11 (9Job, 2 Kobold Cards)
Agi: 90+20 (15 Job, 2 Brooches, 2 Ghost Bandana, 1 Thief Clothes)
Vit: 47+3
Int: 20
Dex: 30+10
Luk: 52+8 (C r i t)

Substats: HP: 11k without cards, SP: 600, Hit: 138, Flee: 168, ASPD: 178, Crit 108

Skillz: (only the important ones)
Katar masteries: max
Soul Destroyer: 10
Meteor Assault: 10
Grimtooth: 5
Enchant Deadly Poison: 5

Equips:
+8 Tripple Crit Jur (as soon as i got that money)
+5 ele katars (for SD)
Ghost Bandana (agi)
+X Thief Clothes (Pupa or Peco card, dunno yet)
+4/5 Muffler (Whisp Card)
2x Brooch of Counter (2 agi, 2 str, 8 crit)
+4 Shoes (dunno what i can afford for cards)

What do you think of it?
Rode Calc gives me like 1.6k of crit dmg, due to EDP, can anyone say if that's realistic? Also, how are the chances of Creating Poison?

Thanks in advance

Neuneck
1- You won't be using EDP for lvling or PVM most likely, so vs monster battle analysis doesn't count much.

2- Keep in mind that players have a lot of dmg reductions and it will cut your 1.6k crits to a measily 400-500 per crit (Assump, Thara, Beret, Raydric...etc).

3- When you are up against a player, they will use the best skills available to them to win. Meaning, when you get hit with an EDP Soul Linked SB, you are wasting your EDP bottles since you'll barely get to land 1-2 hits. Compared to the other Sinx's 15k+ EDP'ed Sonic Blow.

4-
Quote:Substats: HP: 11k without cards, SP: 600, Hit: 138, Flee: 168, ASPD: 178, Crit 108
I think you did a mistake with the flee there.

If you were lvl 90, with Dodge Mastery maxed, and 90+20 agi, you'd have a MINIMUM of 90 + 30 + 90 + 20 = 230 flee. Do your calc again to see the actual flee.

5- The low STR in your build makes me want to smack a puppy.

6- Your STR and INT are way too low to make Grim OR SD of any real use.
Hmmm the Str is way to low if your going to be PvPing but its good for PvM, and as Bloody said the int is way to low to make SD do good damage. I've played sinx as my main on previous servers and i would not recommend this build for pvp use, however its fine for pvm
I don't want you to think I am insulting or offending you, but I am a straight shooter. To sum up my previous reply:

This is a very bad build for PvM and PVP/WoE. While your stats might help your survivalability, your equips are nothing near good. Your damage output is so lacking and EDP should be no pointer for you at any time that your build is fine. EDP is impossible to maintain at a high quantity that it'll be available for pvm, pvp and woe at the same time.

Go pure build for now so you can lvl the fastest. Make zeny, get equips, Infiltrator[1] ...etc. Then plan a good PVP/WoE build. Because the one you have in mind would only deserve 2~2.5/10.

All the best dude Icon_smile
Bloody Wrote:Make zeny, get equips, Infiltrator[1] ...etc.

Anybody else see this as a gimmick to get people to buy his s.infiltrator? Icon_wink
-drop luck, drop agi, add LOTS of str, add dex.

low str sins are a very outdated idea, imo. you can get high flee and crit without investing much in agi or luk. i would say the MINIMUM str is total of 100.

heres an example, say you have a 280 flee build. drop 20 agi to get 260. thats barely any pvm difference and it opens up tons of stat. in other words thanks to gears you can get as low as 60-70 agi and still have high flee (60 agi can hit 260 flee without too much trouble). the only real drawback is in aspd but its the sacrifice you make for your high vit, which is great since sinx has 3rd best HP mod, smart to abuse that. my own sinx uses high vit.

im not a big fan of crits in pvm. mostly because there is always a way to be stronger (ice pick or ele/racial katar). crits also limit you to mindless smacking, the most repetitive possible form of levelling. forget crits, soul breaker or grimtooth are both far faster and damaging.

no matter what you do get more str.

my favorite builds are pure soul breaker which is great for PVM and MVPing. generally runs with no agi and relies on the range.

or a pvp/woe build which is just cookie cutter medium agi medium vit high str builds which can handle itself in pvm thanks to flee gears.
I don't take no offense, thanks for the constructive criticism Icon_smile

Why won't I use EDP for lvling? What ingredients does DP have?
It was indeed planned as a PVM build. Instead of those 20 int I could put 5 more agi or 9 more str, which would require me to give up agi at one equip point for another pt. of str.
My plan was making money / hunting equips as soon as i transed...

For the equips: I chose them according to a certain accessibility. I'm new on this server, and i don't have the knowledge to make milions in just half an hour. (or either, where to do it) Thus i chose some equips that support the build but that i can afford within the near future.

As the str/agi clash mentioned before will only take place in the late 90's of trans lvling i think i will have made my mind over that question 'till then Laugh

Neuneck

@: te0x posted while i was writing, so:
how would a pure soulbreaker build be geared and stated? I don't have no idea on the new skills... also, is meteor assault worth anything?
I was thinking about a pure GT build, since i like GT lvling a lot. How far can a GT sin(x) go in terms of monsters? What will i be lvling upon?

Neuneck
You need Karvo to make EDP. What rich source are you going to use for Karvo? Each EDP lasts for *1 minute*, and trust me it takes more than 10-15 minutes to make 1 bottle. After tackling that topic, move to MAKING the poison bottles. There is a chance you'd fail when you make them. But if you switch to a pure poison bottle making build, you'll have 100% success chance with the help of a priest and Clown/Gypsy.

Long story short, EDP is wasted if you plan to use it to lvl with that build. Unless you are killing something that gives 200k+ exp per kill.

Quote:Anybody else see this as a gimmick to get people to buy his s.infiltrator?

And the best pvp/woe Jur type weapon is....?

-------

Quote:i was thinking about a pure GT build, since i like GT lvling a lot. How far can a GT sin(x) go in terms of monsters? What will i be lvling upon?

Mob anything that doesn't have high move speed and doesn't hit you while in hide (Unless you use a smokie pet) and abuse elemental advantages.

Fire > Earth > Wind > Water > Fire > Earth > Wind...etc
Holy > Dark > Holy > Dark...etc

The easiest Katars to get are Ice and Fire, you can mob Ninetails and Grim with a fire katar. Or get a Fire katar, hunt Sandmen for an Earth katar then mob Hill Winds.

When you think about what to mob, consider these aspects:

Movement speed of the monster
Mob ratio
Race of mobs on the map
Element of the monster
Available elemental Katars you have
Your hit / flee
as mobbing goes i can give a few ideas since that is the fastest way to lvl:
ice katar- high orcs, ninetails
fire katar- mi gao, sandman, sleeper
earth katar- hill winds
wind katar- seals, sea otters, anolians

as for builds: crit sinx is useful but only pure builds are worth it and for pvp you need max aspd to be worth it (ways are linked alchimist beserks you or you have doppelganger card in jur[id use specialty jur if went that route so u have 4 slots] ) with the critsinx i had i was 8x str 8x agi then some vit and luk and the build worked nice for lvling and emp breaking just not much else. soul destroyer is simple your dmg is done by int and str so id get both of them high (int is usually more important if mainly using for pvp/woe since avg person with high mdef have low health cept high preist) get enough dex for hitting then some vit for hp then dump rest in int and str for dmg (this build is good for gt too in woe) if you need help feel free to pm me in game
Neuneck Wrote:Neuneck

@: te0x posted while i was writing, so:
how would a pure soulbreaker build be geared and stated? I don't have no idea on the new skills... also, is meteor assault worth anything?
I was thinking about a pure GT build, since i like GT lvling a lot. How far can a GT sin(x) go in terms of monsters? What will i be lvling upon?

Neuneck

+1 to bloody. the ONLY time you should ever use EDP to level is if youre killing something crazy like bio3 monsters in 1 hit. its impossible to keep up with making EDP.

about soul breaker build: formula is something fun and has so much potential to pwn.

damage is caused by int (not matk), and atk. this means there are 2 parts to the Sbk damage. think of it as 2 hits in 1.

int damage formula is something like INT * 50 at level 10. so basically if you have 100 int, thats 5000 base damage for the magic part. This part has no element (no way to reduc it except demihuman), and will never miss.

the physical damage formula is something like ATK * 10 at level 10. The damage of this part can be affected by element, so you can do 2x physical damage on monsters with bad elements. This physical part CAN be reduced by defense and CAN miss. Sbk is NOT affected by % cards like hydra or skel worker. dont be like those noobs soul breaking with a double hydra haedonggum. Like i said, this part is based on Atk, so the only way to raise damage on this is to increase atk with better atk weapon or adding andre or zipper bear cards. You might also want to use a good weapon for hit, so you can lower dex for other stats. i use a double heat(howard) haedonggum (+60 total hit).

typical build:
80-100 str, good physical damage
80-100 int, good int damage
30-60 dex, faster SBk cast, and better hit so physical part wont miss (or use hit weapon like i mentioned earlier)

rest of stats usually allocated to vit for survival. you dont really need agi, Sbk has 9 cell range.

Gears:
head: just use def hat like spiky band/feather beret or int/str boosting hats.
armor: whatever armor you normally use
Accessories: either str accessories or survival accessories
Muffler: raydric or noxious as usual i guess.
Shoes: same as always
Weapons/shield: 2 weapons is optional. the advantages to wearing a shield is obvious (30% less damage if you get hit and more def). wearing a weapon in your left hand allows you to do alot more though. for example you can keep an elemental weapon in your right hand and wear an ice pick or +hit weapon in left hand. The weapon in your left hand also adds to total attack. Up to you really, personally i never used a shield for soul breaker unless its in pvp.

gonna put this as a guide since this is a common question about how to soul break.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's