heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Fear, phobias, and thereabouts!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm doing a little research for a project. What scares you the most? What if you walked through a door in the middle of a room, and there were doors in the middle of the other walls? What if none of those other doors opened? What if the door you came through didn't open, either? And what if the room started closing in?

I'm talking general fears, insane nightmares that left you panting and sweaty, phobias that make you want to run and hide.

[javawins] new Scanner(heRO.community).nextFear(); [/javawins]
Fear of getting crazy. XD
you're talking the little things? fear of falling and stagefright/public speaking/talking to people in groups.

if fear of failure/fear of amounting to nothing counts, that's my big one.
Im not really phobiatic about it but mirrors creep me out. I hate em, I always think that as soon as I look away from the mirror their will be some monster or something. *stupid horror movies* and I dont even got a shotgun TT_TT.

I have a friend scared of Raptors to hehe Jurrasic Park ftw
I guess I whole bunch of nothing would freak me out. Like if you open that door and all the world as you know it is gone beyong that point.
Phear teh unknown D:
Asking openly about phobias in a game forum might not be the best place to get viable research data. You can't control the population (age, sex, revenue, scholarship, religious beliefs etc.) and your question is to vaguely open.

What are your two variables in your Hypothesis/Objective? Phobias (wich would be your dependent or independent variable?) and what?

Or are you just getting some leftover information to do an open conclusion in your research?

My fear, and the only one (seriously), would be to get attacked by a crazed human being for no reasons (if you did something wrong to someone, you could see it coming). It is the only true possible and realizable "scary" setting I can think of.
Well, thanks for the answers! Lots of interesting information has cropped up in a few short posts. This research is something I'm doing on the side. This is more like a question that would come up in a conversational discussion rather than a full-blown, formal research paper. I'll make sure to scare you all sometime.
I forgot a few:

fear of what may be lurking in the dark (note: not a fear of the dark itself. I fear of something being in the dark that may attack me.)

fear of...losing my voice. singing is my passion, and my voice is everything. if I lose it - even just getting sick - it's like the end of the world T.T
(you guys are gonna laugh at me now - a singer that's afraid of being on stage... /swt but, it's true!)

and...fear of fear. because fear is crippling. in spite of these, I work around them all. I'll still climb on ladders and look off the edge of a cliff. I'll still get up on that stage and sing, and voice my opinion in front of a large crowd - and sometimes take a leadership role within a group. I still turn off all the lights when I go to bed at night (though I'll lock all the doors, look around cautiously and haul ass to my bedroom). and I do everything in my power to not lose my voice - I drink an INSANE amount of water, I stay away from cigarette smoke and such whenever possible, etc. etc. keep myself healthy.

but I don't let any one fear hold me back from anything.
Reference URL's