heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Gunslinger Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, heRO. I come before you today in need of help. I am trying to help someone create a gunslinger character, but I have no idea on what to do stat-wise. I've read about the quest, I just want to know things like

which stats to work for
guns
suggested skills

any information would be great. I don't know if there is already a guide, or if someone knows where one is, but it would be great.

Thanks in advance.
I guess I'll start this out with going over a few guidelines, and other people can add stuff or correct me as they like Icon_biggrin

like archers, a gunslinger's most important stat is dex. Secondary stats depend on what type of gun you prefer to use

Revolvers: This is one of the most popular types of guns for slingers. they have a good ASPD, though they suffer a penalty to HIT. Builds that utilize revolvers usually like to mob with Desperado, and have a mix of dex & agi. One of the best guns you can get among Revolvers is the Western Outlaw, though the Garrison is a respectable revolver as well.

Gatling Guns: These aren't as popular as revolvers (though revolver skills are a prerequesite to gatling gun skills). However, with the skills Gatling Fever and Madness Canceller, you can reach beastly attack speeds that can hit-lock targets. Again, Dex and Agi are your friends. The best Gatling Gun out there by far is the Butcher.

Rifles: I don't see a lot of rifle-based slingers, but from what I've read, their specialty lies in critical hits. If you choose rifles, look into dex, and maybe a mix of luk & agi. Lever Action Rifle and Long Barrel seem promising.

Shotguns: My personal favorite. Icon_biggrin They have a slow ASPD, but the damage you can do with skills like Full Buster is outstanding. They also have a natural splash damage, and combined with Spread Attack, you've got a mobbing weapon that doesn't require you to be right in the middle of the crowd. Dex remains crucial, vit gives you some survivability, and you should probably take a little int to make up for the gunslinger's small sp pool. for weapon choices, Black Rose is pretty much the standard, but if you can find one, a Gate Keeper is likely the best among shotguns. If you absolutely MUST get high agi in your build, consider a Thunder-P.

Oh, and this is probably a good time to mention: There's been a rash of scammers trying to swindle poor gunslingers by selling +6 Black Rose at a price of near 1,000,000z. Let's get a few things straight here: Black Rose is a lvl 2 weapon, which means it uses emveretacon to upgrade, and that +6 is NOT overupgraded for it. +6 is the safe limit. Second, you can buy Black Rose from a vender in einbroch for only 32,000z. Add in 6000z for 6 emveretacons (you can buy them from an NPC), and 1200z for 6 upgrade attempts (200z per upgrade), and you can make yourself a +6 Black Rose for less than 40,000z!!!! I don't know where these scamming noobs are getting their numbers, but don't fall for 'em!

Grenade Launcher: The Big Boys. Not a lot of skills strictly meant for launchers, but the coin skill Triple Action can let you deal some big damage with these. Also, unlike the other guns, Launchers use elemental spheres. The skill Ground Drift can also let you bury these spheres like land mines (furthermore, you can stack the spheres). There are two Grenade Launchers out there: The Inferno, which is pure attack power, and the Destroyer, which while not as powerful, can break an enemy's armor.

Well, that's pretty much all I can tell you, hope it's of some help!
Lever action is based for for a crit build while the long barrel is based off an agi build. However with the long barrel you suffer from a small aspd lose due to its nature. Another gun that doesn't have the same bonuses but the same power is the Dusk, although I have yet to see one.
Gunslinger guide with Krimstyle~ :

1- Give your gunslinger a gun.
2- Wait, but it shouldn't be long.
3- Watch your gunslinger kill himself with the gun.
4- Start another character, wich won't be a gunslinger.

*job done* Icon_smile
wow, that helped a lot. Thanks guys
word of advice, krimstyle is not for everyone =P

It takes time and some dedication to be a gunslinger, even longer and more dedication to be a good gunslinger, and with official settings, it takes an eternity to be a great gunslinger.

ALso, don't use a gunslinger as a main. I did it, I have no regreets, but just don't, its hard XD
my gunslinger is my main because thats what I always do Icon_biggrin
Keep this in mind, as it is a very common mistake; A Gunslinger is NOT an Archer. Don't use a Hunter build. It would be almost like giving a Knight an Assassin build because they're both melee. Trust me, it won't work. (I don't think)
the only thing that would be the same is the dex stat, since they are both long range type characters, but yeah, don't build it like an archer class. i did that and regretted it sorely. (not a real fan of gunslinger class now, but may decide to try it out again after understanding the class a bit more)
what is the best guns to use?
depends on what kind of build you are heh
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's