heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: A re-introduction, I guess?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, the name's Alan, but you can call me Fatalis. I joined the server a long while ago while the RP-based one I frequented on (and still do, admittedly), went down temporarily due to the hosting company failing at actually doing their job.

I'm sixteen years old, and an Irishman. ACTUALLY Irish, mind you! Born and raised in Dublin, Ireland. Yes, I do have an accent (albeit kinda light), and no, I can't speak Ga?lic fluently. But hardly any Irish people can anyway >_>.

When I joined the server, I went by the alias 'Okayaki', but in retrospect realized it made me look like a weaaboo, so that clearly had to be changed. My ingame characters were Absent, Present and Prinny, but the former 2 may be deleted to make better, not-nonsensical names. The only guild I've been in was The Knights of Ni, but it was somewhat dead.

In regards to Ragnarok Online, this is literally only one of 3 servers I have "actively" played on. I have a great deal of knowledge on the metaphysics of the MMORPG, and are also an avid scripter, as members of the test & development section probably already know. And, to be 100% honest... I wonder if the majority of people who joined the team did it out of genuine interest, or sheer boredom/I don't want to think about it.

The only thing I'm not entirely sure of myself in regards to programming for RO is how to manipulate the source code, yet at the same time don't see the need for it to begin with!

Otherwise, I'm quite an accomplished roleplayer and have ran and participated in many different settings stretched across different times and genres. As a result of this, when I DID join the server, I voiced my interest in seeing who participated in it. At the time, it looked like very little. Nowadays, I'm glad to see the RP subforum relatively full, considering I'd been around to see it been made and rarely used.

Outside of Ragnarok Online, I do still hold a large interest in programming in general. I've got intermediate knowledge with most languages, and a lot in some miscellaneous areas (Such as IRC scripting).

So... yeah. One of the longest (re)introductions I've ever made. Please don't hesitate to ask me for any help with anything via MSN or PM! Be it scripting, or game help. In regards to game help, mainly advice, since right now I'm planning to remake all my characters and will be unable to "help" anyone much from the item/partying aspect.

I plan to make an IRC channel for the server sometime soon, and possibly another Ventrilo one.

I think that's all.
I do random stuff for testing section...but not a lot, I probably don't do nearly as much as many others Icon_biggrin;

But welcome back to the server Fatalis! You have quite an introduction post here, but I'm not sure how to respond to it all. You are quite the fast scripter (you took like 2 days to script one of the thingies in Test&Development it seemed like). Anyway, I hope you are having fun here again all the same and best of luck in remaking your characters :o
Welcome back, I'll be testing your script tonight and give you feedback tomorrow ^_^

We are trying to get RP active as it's a fun aspect and many people are interested in it, yet lack the motivation to start it. An additional avid roleplayer will surely be a welcomed addition, the more the merrier.
Welcome back.. Don't delete Absent/Present Icon_cry They are fun names
Fatalis Wrote:When I joined the server, I went by the alias 'Okayaki', but in retrospect realized it made me look like a weaaboo, so that clearly had to be changed.
is it rude if i agree with you and give you props? Icon_razz Laugh
welcome back then... lotsa new quests these last months, do check them out...

well you're a vet, so all i can do is wish you luck and hope you have a fun time back here again...
(psst, i've heard that muspel mondays and even more RPing is coming soon)

-w-
Reference URL's