heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Suggestion for a new WoE-System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'd like to make a suggestion for a new WoE-System.

Problem with woe is, that it consists 90% of the time on camping the emp room. What I would really love to see, is a WoE-system using a so-called "regen capture" mode, which works as follows:

- Instead of a castle, where you enter from 1 side and can only walk towards the emp-room, there is a huge open-area map (like the map prt_gld), where random spawn points are for example in each corner of the map
- Instead of 1 Emp, there are 4-6 "mini-emps", that have tiny HP and can be destroyed by a few attacks by any class within the same time span (like give it 35 hp and flag it as "herb"=1 dmg from everything)
- Every 10 seconds each guild gets 1 "point" for controlling 1 "mini-emp"
- When WoE-time is over, the guild who has the most "points" wins the WoE and obtains the castle

Upsides of this system would be
- No more 90% of the WoE-time boring camping in emp-room
- No more "lame" pre-cast at he same boring spot
- No more map-switching which means its not that easy to be eaten by after-enter-a-room-lag
- A LOT tactic will be necessary!
You have to consider if you have enough players at a "mini-emp-point" at any given time, to consider if you could attack the spot above you, while simultaneously defending it to the south
- Pure chaos[TM]!!

Downsides:
- might result in a frantic play, which gives a disadvantage to slow acting players

Please post what you think about this system.
I'd like to assist with the outworking.
Moved to suggestion. It really isn't about the "outside world" of "non-RO" related matters as WoE is certainly related to RO XD;
Posted in the wrong section, sorry about that.

It was actually a suggestion towards the gm-team. Icon_wink
smells like WoW >=D
Actually, it smells like WoE SE (2.0)
Except with the points, WoE SE is all on one map instead of different rooms. And theres different emps (there for the shield generators/barricades) The only problem with WoE SE, is that inorder for it to be played, you need a good bit of players. When I played WoE SE on a friend of mines server, it wasn't really fun because there weren't enough people to really make it flow right.
But I know theres a way to revamp WoE and make it different, I just think we should wait until our server pop increases a good bit.
Unfortunately as our server pop begins to climb, our lag climbs too. Icon_biggrin;

Sooo nothing ever comes free~
also, if you set it as plant, you get fucked up by sanctuary.
server lag may not be a problem with the new machine Icon_twisted
Actually on a serious matter will we be getting a WoE2 castle soon?
I hope not. We would need to close all 4 castle to have something competitive in a woe2 castle.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's