heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: The First Reset Option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, lets see how this goes.

That spear build on your LK isn't working is it? But you're level 89, and resets are god awful expensive.

Maybe that Hunter at level 83 finally realized that STR doesn't raise your damage, but dex does.

Do you or anyone you know suffer from these symptoms or something similar?

Here is what I propose, The First Reset Option.

What is The First Reset Option?

Per Character, ONE TIME (Trans or Non-Trans) You have the option of resetting for free, under level 90. It is there for people who realize their build will not be working.

Though the level requirement seems quite steep, (as in, you should know how your build is going to work at that point), it is there more or less for stat point reasons.

How would the TFRO work?

Another line in the dialogue box that says "First Reset Option" (maybe "Coined by Snapplewee Laugh"). It would display the warning "You only get one TFRO, you sure you want to use it?" then it would give another box saying "ARE YOU REALLY F&*($#T%ING SURE?"

Discuss.
Yay easy pure brewer/forger!

(If you missed the sarcasm, that's a "please god no".)
Just for the sake of argument, it only saves about like, 2 hours of time from ONE reset, so its not that much easier.
Hmm the idea is not bad but it could be exploited. Like Midboss said, it'd be much easier to make a Pure Brewer/Forger, making the Alchie/BS trans as battle, get to Creator/WS lv89 and then reset to Brewer/Forger for free(even though it's not THAT expensive if you reset only 2 or 3 times being trans 90+). *Resetted 6 times already from 90 to 95*
The level cap could be lowered, it was an arbitrary number.
o.o If the level is under 40 you already get to reset any number of times free.

I suppose if something like this were implemented it would be like other servers I have seen where you can get one reset for being under level 80. I suppose this makes abuse of certain builds a little harder to create (pure brewer forger or alchemist kind of isn't that good at this level).
Hmmm I'll think about it.

*If* I were to do it, it would apply only to new characters (created after the script would be implemented) and it would be the first reset after 40, but before level 80 non-trans.
That's what I was going for :D

I just wanted to get the ball rolling.
*rolls ball over snapple* >.> oh, you didn't mean like that =P

though i will say this might be a nice compromise for those that keep complaining about the reset costs. sure they'll still be there after the one reset, but it's usually those people that only want to do one reset that are complaining, from what i can tell. also, like you said panda, it would only be for newly created characters after the npc activation date, so they'd have to start new characters to really take advantage of that option.
... or we do less spoonfeeding and just let people be responsible...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's