heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Gravity Error Handler (Another ._.)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So this error seems slightly common around here. I myself am not getting the error but my friend is. He he installed the game exactly the way i did, and when he tries to start the server, it just gives him this error and closes. His sakray is as up-to-date as mine is, and his heRO client updates fully. I have already verified that his neoncube folder is valid (i even sent him mine to make sure). We reinstalled 3 times so far and its still not working. We are using the Full Installer + BGM from the download page. (Thats the one i used and it worked first try for me).

I have EVEN TRIED sending him my entire ragnarok folder (Except for sdata.grf) and it still didnt work: this leads me to believe that sdata.grf is corrupt, or it has something to do with his windows itself (hes using XP, same as me).

And yes, we have already deleted all other instances of RO on his computer before reinstalling and it didnt help. We have tried everything. He has played with me on many other ragnarok servers and never got this error so i know his computer isnt incompatible.

Note: We also tried messing with setup.exe settings but it didnt help.

He has 72 files inside of his ragnarok folder (not including the ones inside the folders inside the RO folder) which is the same amount i have, and the filesizes are exactly the same as mine are.

His firewall is not blocking it, we already fixed that.

We have tried everything that everyone else did to fix it, and yet its still not working. Tonight he is going to re-download the full installer and then try again, but i have a feeling that isnt going to help.

Oh yea- and we tried with/and without the data folder, we also tried updating sakray with the data folder and updating sakray without it, made no difference.

ANOTHER NOTE: You guys say there shouldnt be a data folder for heRO, but there is one included in the Full installer on your website, that seems a bit odd to me >_>
Me thinks that we need a new installer asap, this one is giving way to much trouble and I can help so far but seems that you already covered most bases here so there is not much I can tell you but to install heRO on a difrent location and if you can even a separate hard drive (like I have). Maybe all this erros come from something on Windows (like some updates or the such). Im waiting for a new power supply for my laptop and will install hero there to see if I get the same patcher error. But yes, just install it far away from any other RO client you might have and see what happens.
Sorry to hear that it's giving your friend so much trouble. Try the setup again, which options did you change?

Can I know if you're running your computer as administrator or user, and same for your friend?
as far as i know im running it in administrator, im the only person who uses my computer and ive never had any problems with needing 'administrator permission' so im assuming im on the admin account. As for him, i dont know but ill find out soon.

On the setup, we tried changing sprite and texture details quality because i read on a diff forum that doing that fixed it for someone else, but it didnt help for us, so we changed it back.

Remember: Me and him have played on several other servers together and never had this problem, nothing really has changed in terms of his computer settings or anything imporant like that..
Hmm does he have another RO install that he could check the setups and see what he selected then? Try disabling sounds sometimes it helps.
Im fairly certain that the only thing he usually might change in setup, is changing to or from fullscreen mode.
The thing is, our full installer installs the setup one way, which is the most common setups, but it might not be the right settings for him. Have him check if the graphic and sound options are accurate.
As far as i know, he has never needed to change his setup, its always been right, so why would he need to mess with it now?
Can't hurt to try can it? It's been known to cause problems on some occasions.

Other than that I can't see what would go wrong since you both have the same files.
We messed with setup and tried all possible combinations of settings, nothing helped.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's