heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Hair Coupon Quests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Do we REALLY need a quest just for custom hair? =/ It's not like the hair is giving us stats or anything. Why make it such a pain to get?

But if you're insistent on making us work, could we at least have less annoying item requirements? The current item possibilities are either outright hard to get (Hinalle Leaflets and Cat's Eyes) or downright annoying and require hours of farming (Aloe). In fact, I think the only NOT overly difficult item is Cultish Masque. Point is, as it is now, sometimes hair coupons are hard to get even for older players.

What I'm suggesting is either take the hair coupon quest out and just let us get custom hair for free, or update the item requirements. I REALLY don't think getting a hairstyle that's purely cosmetic should be so difficult.

...Okay, so it was originally a guildie who complained and I happen to agree >_> Although it probably is amusing that I'm the one posting this.
No orange pirate kitteh hair for j00 =P

though i do agree that it's kinda rediculous, though at least not everyone is running around looking exactly the same as everyone else, which is pretty much why the quest was put in i believe. but i honestly don't see the harm in making the current hairstyles that require using the hair coupon completely accessible to all, while leaving certain hairstyles unlockable only through quests, like wings quests and such.
its not that bad, but then again i dont change mi hair a bajillion times a day Icon_biggrin *patpat linnea*
hm I personally just cheat the system and spam novice until I get the easy zeny coupon >>; so I'll let Pandora reply to this, lol.
I personally think it's time for a new set of items, way back when, Hinalle leaflets used to be one of Kapha's drops, but that got taken out for reasons unknown. You'd think with all the SVN changes we've gone through, you'd think the stylist would change her wishlist as well. I don't mind the quests, but it does get really annoying seeing the same old items here and there.

(What on earth is she doing with the crap we give her anyway?)
hmm...
hinalle leaflets = toilet paper
aloe = soothing cream
cat's eyes = cat's eyes soup...what else would it be? =P
I actually agree with Linnea. Custom hair is a custom hair. its hair. we get regular hair from the npc but is custom hair really all that different from regular hair? xD. None of them do anything special. Sure it changes ur looks but so does regular hair. The only real difference between custom hair and regular hair is that custom hair is well custom. Maybe Pandora will find it in her heart to let us enjoy custom hairs without doing some tedious quests.
I don't think they should be as easy as not even needing a quest to get, but the quest could and in my opinion should be easier. Maybe doing something according to the level like it is for Reset NPC (seeing as Ayu pointed, it's possible to just spam novice until you get a good one anyway). Or something that everyone could hunt for regardless of level, or even a quest that isn't item gathering but talking to NPCs and such.
But yeah, I'd say it needs a change. <<
Hm, I think an interesting way to handle hair coupon stuff would be to use it to unlock a hair similar to warpers. You get a coupon, you choose hairs you are able to unlock, and presto, you have it on your character. You would need to do this on each individual character similar to warper too of course.

Also, other restrictions apply, for example the light/dark hairs that females have, if you are dark you can't get that really cute light hairstyle and only that Lady Hel one of course.

Item update to incorporate this idea would probably be fitting.
Aaronock Wrote:Hm, I think an interesting way to handle hair coupon stuff would be to use it to unlock a hair similar to warpers.??You get a coupon, you choose hairs you are able to unlock, and presto, you have it on your character.??You would need to do this on each individual character similar to warper too of course.??

+1... I would probably go back and forth more often from my bald look on my pally Icon_biggrin
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's